Kent Beer Festival

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Kent Beer Festival

Post by oz11 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 am

Would like to try Foundry Choc Vanilla Porter. It will probably have been guzzled by the friday night p*ssheads tho :roll:

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:45 pm

I find myself in the company of a belgian blonde whilst im wearing a biggles hat :lol: its going well so far. Shame many of the beers i wanted to try have been drained :-( must get here earlier next year...
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Ditto. Must get there Thursday I think! Not much left for those who have proper jobs and can't get there on a weekday. :(

Did try the Foundry chocolate vanilla porter though. Good if you like warm alcoholic ice cream! :wacko:
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by oz11 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:31 pm

scuppeteer wrote: Did try the Foundry chocolate vanilla porter though. Good if you like warm alcoholic ice cream! :wacko:
...and apparently I do :) :oops:

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah, by sat evening, things were a little bit.... bare. For instance - the entire cider bar was gone. Everything. No so much as a mouldy apple :(

Probably had about 15 odd bitters still available so I did try a few :) the 10% pilsner on the foreign stand was quite memorable :lol: - I too wanted to try the choc vanilla porter but it was gone by the time I reached the bar.

Only one "duffer" as far as I can remember - I think the grain bill consisted of a small amount of MO and 50 kilos of joinery floor sweepings ! to say it was "woody" was a disservice to trees.....

I'll have to look at the program to see which one it was.

A final congrats must go to the Bratwurst man for keeping me (vaguely) level with a constant supply of food ! :lol:

(excuse the focus, but the camerman was enjoying a pint of skullcracker like I was in the pic...) :lol:
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here