Kent Green Hop

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
legion
Hollow Legs

Re: Kent Green Hop

Post by legion » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Went today, the canterbury food and drink fest as a whole was good with a good selection of live music played on the bandstand.

The foundry rye red beer and the old dairy beers were good. Plus the larkins green hop best was good to try brambling cross hops. I like that it was beer festival all about hops and what hops were used was clearly labelled however none of the beers i tried satisfied the hop head i have become.
Maidstone Brewers Homebrew Meets - Next Meet 14:00 Wednesday 27 December
https://Twitter.com/maidstonebrews https://www.facebook.com/groups/maidstonebrewers

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:28 am

legion wrote:none of the beers i tried satisfied the hop head i have become.
And you didn't introduce yourself, shame on you young man! :wink:

Had a very enjoyable chat with Oz11, Barneey and Beereagle (hope you got home ok :lol: ) as well as many other fine people all enjoying the huge variety of beers on offer. I haven't done a festival bar before and didn't realise how much fun and bloody hard work it is. But when everyone is so polite and friendly even if you have sold out of something it makes it very worthwhile. I had great amusement with a bloke who ordered a pint and forgot his manners, he took great offence when I reminded him of his P's & Q's and then told me not to treat him like a child when I gave him his beer, unfortunately I reminded him to ask like a grown up in the first place, for some reason I didn't see him again... wonder why?

It has been a very, very successful and enjoyable day and every Kent brewer owes a huge amount to John from the Foundry, as well as Sophie Atherton who between them have put in so much time and effort to promote what we have done after only the second year of the festival. =D> =D> =D>

To those that didn't make it this year, don't miss out next year... but let us know you're coming so we have enough beer! :wink:
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 am

I had an very enjoyable day & it was good to meet up with a few fellow members, managed to stagger to the train station (missed a train by 1 minute) so kebab quickly followed with a couple of pints of milk to round of the evening whilst sitting on the station for an hour.

Will definitely going next year + a big thanks to all the guys behind the bar for making the event a very sociable occasion.

Cheers
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by oz11 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 am

Cracking day out.. good to meet you chaps. The two/three(?) pints in the Foundry finished me off though :oops: ... truly a lightweight! But at least I didn't miss my train ;).

Thanks to all involved in organising, the brewers for brewing, and the volunteers manning the bar who all worked like troopers to ensure our collective thirst was satisfied.

Top notch.. we must do it again next year.

For those interested in more this year : East Kent Brewery open day Sun 6th Oct.

barneey

Post by barneey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Just got an email back from Gadds, and they still have some tickets left for the Minibus this Sunday, so if anyone fancies a day out, I can collect them from Broadstairs train station if required.

Cheers

fego
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by fego » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 pm

I didn't manage to make it to Canterbury but I did get as far as Ramsgate and had a few Wantsum green beer. I was the only one who ordered it from my group but after they tasted it, they all switched to it. Lovely stuff.
I also enjoyed the Kent brewery's black gold.
Tea is for mugs...

barneey

Post by barneey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Well picked my ticket up this morning from Eddie, still plenty of room on the bus.

barneey

Post by barneey » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Anyone else going tomorrow, just hope the IPA is ready :)

barneey

Post by barneey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Just a big thanks to all the breweries making everyone feel welcome by opening their doors to everyone. Lets hope this becomes another annual event.

Cheers

BTW not too sure on the "green hop" sausages tho.... but certainly tasty.