Black Friday Competition (27/11/15 - London)

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Jocky
Even further under the Table

Black Friday Competition (27/11/15 - London)

Post by Jocky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

I see that London Amateur Brewers are running a competition in conjunction with UBrew on 27th November (entry deadline is 15th November), open to all. The competition is for black beers only:

8B Schwarzbier
9C Baltic Porter
13C English Porter
15B Irish Stout 15C Irish Extra Stout
16A Sweet Stout 16B Oatmeal Stout 16C Tropical Stout 16D Foreign Extra Stout
20A American Porter 20B American Stout 20C Russian Imperial Stout
35A Other Black Beer (state base style and other info, eg smoked American Stout) (Custom Style)
36A Black IPA (Custom Style)

http://mini-comp.londonamateurbrewers.co.uk/

Having just made two porters that went into the National Competition I'm not sure I need to make any more porter for a while, but I'm tempted to push myself outside of the comfort zone and have a go at a Schwarzbier.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Kyle_T
Mild King

Re: Black Friday Competition (27/11/15 - London)

Post by Kyle_T » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:49 am

I've registered but I'll have to have a proper read at home, it comes about the right time for my next brew too.
My Ridleys' Brewery Blog:
http://www.theessexbrewer.wordpress.com

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: Black Friday Competition (27/11/15 - London)

Post by Jocky » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:18 pm

I think this competition is down to its last few entry spots already, so go register if you haven't yet!

I'm going to brew something quite experimental, hopefully it won't be a disaster...
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.