Grainfather Brewing Competition - Midlands

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Imake_UK

Grainfather Brewing Competition - Midlands

Post by Imake_UK » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 am

Hi everyone - if you're interested in getting a team together for a "brew off" in Leamington Spa to win a Grainfather please email david.b@imake.pro to enter.

A new brewing workshop called Beer Torrent is hosting the competition across a few sessions on 21st-22nd October. Basically, come down and brew on our Grainfathers (the first UK showing of the new control unit) with your best recipe and spend the day talking with other brewers. We'll be on hand if you need any help using the Grainfather and you can bring your own beers in for tasting and swapping and it will be a fun day! We will have the beers professionally judged and the winning team gets a Grainfather. It's also due to be filmed in part to feature on BBC Midlands today!

The venue is only a short walk from the train station if you want to have a drink, and you can have ingredients delivered there if you don't want to carry anything.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Re: Grainfather Brewing Competition - Midlands

Post by Dave S » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Imake_UK wrote:Hi everyone - if you're interested in getting a team together for a "brew off" in Leamington Spa to win a Grainfather please email david.b@imake.pro to enter.

A new brewing workshop called Beer Torrent is hosting the competition across a few sessions on 21st-22nd October. Basically, come down and brew on our Grainfathers (the first UK showing of the new control unit) with your best recipe and spend the day talking with other brewers. We'll be on hand if you need any help using the Grainfather and you can bring your own beers in for tasting and swapping and it will be a fun day! We will have the beers professionally judged and the winning team gets a Grainfather. It's also due to be filmed in part to feature on BBC Midlands today!

The venue is only a short walk from the train station if you want to have a drink, and you can have ingredients delivered there if you don't want to carry anything.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

I doubt I'll be able to attend, though it does sound like it'll be fun. I am however interested in the new Control Unit. Any idea when it is due for release and the likely cost. There seems to be very little information, (er none) on the GF site and only scant mention on the GF forums.
Best wishes

Dave

Imake_UK

Post by Imake_UK » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi Dave, we're expecting them at the end of October and the RRP is £109. I'm lucky enough to have had chance to play around with one - they are awesome!

If you find the time to come to the competition you can try before you buy.

Still spaces left for now! A day spent with other brewers, making beer, drinking beer and trying out new equipment - will be a great day - even better if you get in the top 3 (we can only really accommodate 12 teams so you've got a really good chance)

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Imake_UK wrote:Hi Dave, we're expecting them at the end of October and the RRP is £109. I'm lucky enough to have had chance to play around with one - they are awesome!

If you find the time to come to the competition you can try before you buy.

Still spaces left for now! A day spent with other brewers, making beer, drinking beer and trying out new equipment - will be a great day - even better if you get in the top 3 (we can only really accommodate 12 teams so you've got a really good chance)
Thanks, I'll look out for it. Are there any reviews available with details of features? I read one thread on the GF forum, but it would be good to get a broader view.
Best wishes

Dave

Imake_UK

Post by Imake_UK » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi Dave,

No reviews yet as it's only been out beta-testing so far. The feedback we've had so far has been really encouraging. A few tweaks needed which have been done now. There are plenty of stores taking pre-orders and have the new features listed.

I'm a little hesitant to go into too much detail as I don't want to overstep my welcome of posting about this event and turn the thread into a promotion for the Grainfather Connect, but if you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks
Mark

Imake_UK

Post by Imake_UK » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi everyone

We have had quite a few entries now so Friday is all booked up and Saturday is more or less full. For that reason we're putting on an extra day, so if anyone would like to come and spend the day brewing with us on Sunday 23rd October, please get in touch.

Mark

Robsta
Tippler

Post by Robsta » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Thought i would post some pictures we had a great day at the Beer Torrent met some new faces and managed to wind Kyle up lol

Imake_UK

Post by Imake_UK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm glad to hear you had a great day. BeerTorrent is an awesome place and I hope some of the guys who took part will become regulars.

Sorry I wasn't able to make the Sat/Sun - Dave may have mentioned that I had a bit of a family emergency and had to rush home on Saturday morning.

It was a bit of an acid test for us really - we're all brewers ourselves here and the community aspect of the hobby is a really important to us which is why we wanted to bring people together with this competition.

Hopefully we'll all be able to get together soon when we reveal the winner and maybe do it again some time soon.

Any more pics or feedback for future competitions is more than welcome!

Cheers
Mark