London and South East Competition and Festival 2017

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Jocky
Even further under the Table

London and South East Competition and Festival 2017

Post by Jocky » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm

The London and South East Home Brew Competition is now open to entries: http://londonandsoutheast.brewcompetition.com/

It's currently limited to 300 entries (but hopefully we'll do 350 or more), and restricted to 3 entries per person for the time being. The prizes last year included a Grainfather, and brew your own beer/have a launch party with two major breweries, as well as many other commercial scale brew days, home brew vouchers etc

The festival this year is on 20th May and to be held at Fourpure brewery in London. The £10 competition entry fee also gets you into the festival, with a glass and unlimited sampling of all the entries in the competition.

Last year's event was a great day and I highly recommend.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: London and South East Competition and Festival 2017

Post by Dennis King » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm in.

Jocky

Post by Jocky » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:59 am

There are 48 entries left out of 300.

Hopefully we can expand up to 350/400 entries later but that's going to depend upon how many judging sessions we can add.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

gaunt_paul
Steady Drinker

Post by gaunt_paul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:58 pm

I missed this, but will keep an eye on it. Might plan a trip down from Aberdeen if we can get some beers in the competition

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Jocky

Post by Jocky » Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 pm

The festival is almost upon us - Saturday afternoon at Fourpure anyone will be able to come along and try all the entries. If you've entered the competition it's free to get in, if not then it will cost £10, but that includes a festival glass and unlimited tasting of the entries.

Come along, it should be great fun.