DRB Bramling Beauty / Yeast 'Healthy Debate'

Had a good one? Tell us about it here - and don't forget - we like pictures!
J_P

Post by J_P » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:08 am

My sparge water is up to temperature I'm just waiting for the mash to finish and then everything hits the fan!

Must go and swill out fermenter number 2.

Keep up the good work chaps

DRB

Post by DRB » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:20 am

Have a good un guys.

spearmint-wino
CBA prizewinner 2007

Post by spearmint-wino » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:53 am

Can't we get back to arguing about yeast again...? I've never had a problem with pitching only 1... :twisted: :lol:

Have a good brewday all 8)

drinking: ~ | conditioning: ~ | primary: ~ | Looks like I need to get brewing then...
Visit London Amateur Brewers online

Wez

Post by Wez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:48 am

Well DaaB's flying starter is fizzing away nicely, i am having to keep letting the excess co2 out and squeezing the PET bottle (twice so far) 8)

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:52 am

spearmint-wino wrote:Can't we get back to arguing about yeast again...? I've never had a problem with pitching only 1... :twisted: :lol:

Have a good brewday all 8)
Give a dog a bone and DaaB will do his best to keep it :=P :lol:

:wall

bandit

Post by bandit » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:14 am

Good luck guys, after reading all the 6 pages of hand bag news prior to the brew day I have decided to join in the session and brew this bramling on wednesday this week. I will watch with interest to see how it goes. I will be making a 19 litre batch for my corny so I will post my recipe later when I have worked it out as I want to add some horrified wheat :lol:

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:13 pm

bandit1200s wrote:Good luck guys, after reading all the 6 pages of hand bag news prior to the brew day I have decided to join in the session and brew this bramling on wednesday this week. I will watch with interest to see how it goes. I will be making a 19 litre batch for my corny so I will post my recipe later when I have worked it out as I want to add some horrified wheat :lol:
:lol: :lol: That's like terrified wheat isn't it, but after scaring the bejesus out of it, they show it a malt grinder.

...it's not a yeast 'row', it's healthy forum debate. ;)

It may well go magnificently in a pet bottle...nice cell count in there. Then, introduce the little band of brothers into the vast expanse of wort...

....more is more. :wink:

Wez

Post by Wez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:20 pm

SteveD wrote: ...it's not a yeast 'row', it's healthy forum debate. ;)
I agree. :D

delboy

Post by delboy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:31 pm

SteveD wrote:
bandit1200s wrote:Good luck guys, after reading all the 6 pages of hand bag news prior to the brew day I have decided to join in the session and brew this bramling on wednesday this week. I will watch with interest to see how it goes. I will be making a 19 litre batch for my corny so I will post my recipe later when I have worked it out as I want to add some horrified wheat :lol:
:lol: :lol: That's like terrified wheat isn't it, but after scaring the bejesus out of it, they show it a malt grinder.

...it's not a yeast 'row', it's healthy forum debate. ;)

It may well go magnificently in a pet bottle...nice cell count in there. Then, introduce the little band of brothers into the vast expanse of wort...

....more is more. :wink:
Are you on commision from fermentis/Danstar or something :wink:

J_P

Post by J_P » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Just to throw my hat in the ring in the whole yeast debate I too am making a starter in a bottle too see if I can avoid the lag time I experienced with my last brew.

Clicky For Piccy

I want to try and see if I can do it this with one packet of yeast before I resort to buying yeast wholesale :lol:

Wez

Post by Wez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Right managed 25L at 1044 which was my target OG.

DaaB's Flying Starter pitched at 12:30, i'll take hourly photo's. DaaB I can do no more!

J_P

Post by J_P » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Did you get a flake with that wort or what Wez :lol:

Wez

Post by Wez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:45 pm

J_P wrote:Did you get a flake with that wort or what Wez :lol:
Five minutes of thrashing it with a paddle! I'd say that it aerated! :D might have a look at getting one of those aerator stones, my wrists haven't worked that hard since I was 16 :lol:

prodigal2

Post by prodigal2 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:46 pm

Great aeration there Wez. 8)

Was that via elbow grease or a mechanical aid?
As you have said you have done all you can, hope it turns out well for you 8)

Wez

Post by Wez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:49 pm

prodigal2 wrote:Great aeration there Wez. 8)

Was that via elbow grease or a mechanical aid?
Elbow Grease :lol:

Wez aka Rocket Wrists :shock: :lol: :lol: