Postal Strike Ruins Brewday - Ideas Needed

Had a good one? Tell us about it here - and don't forget - we like pictures!
Wez

Post by Wez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:25 pm

5 minutes gentlemen.

AT

Post by AT » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:30 pm

what score is that Wez?

J_P

Post by J_P » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:31 pm

BarrowBoy wrote:While we're waiting on the final result (could be a last minute flurry of votes): J_P are you part of Darlington Traditional Brewing Group?
No but I believe we have a CBA featuring the guy who devised the recipe for Jarrow "Rivet Catcher", my locals house bitter and a chap who lived round the corner from me when I was a nipper.

I have toyed with the idea of approaching them next time I see them at the local beer festival but I'm not sure I could bring anything to the table really.

Wez

Post by Wez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:34 pm

TIME GENTLEMEN PLEASE

I make that 9 - 6 in favour of B

Cheers all for a lively thread, tomorrow I will be brewing SteveD's recipe (under a different post) cheers to J-P for posting the first one, I'll brew that soon anyway :wink:

Right SteveD you get to name my brew tomorrow, i'll create the labels and courier you x4 bottles as promised. (pm me)

Wez

Graham

Post by Graham » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Wez wrote:5 minutes gentlemen.
I take there'll be no lock-ins tonight then. Aw guv, and it's Friday.

This forum has caused me to miss my usual Friday night tipple. Damn!

Wez

Post by Wez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Graham wrote:

Graham, for you i'll close the blackout blinds, carry on drinking mate and look forward to the potential nightmare that is SteveD's beer naming ceremony.

J_P

Post by J_P » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Time for me to be magnanimous in defeat. Congrats SteveD - I was a fool to think I could take you on.

Enjoy your four bottles.

J_P

AT

Post by AT » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Graham wrote:

He is turing to the darkside, even Wheeler is not immune

Wez

Post by Wez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:42 pm

J_P wrote:Time for me to be magnanimous in defeat. Congrats SteveD - I was a fool to think I could take you on.

Enjoy your four bottles.

J_P
I guess the pressure is on me now, SteveD when said bottles are ready maybe you would be good enough to take one with you to your NHBC meet so I can get your's and the others honest opinions?

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 am

Thank you Gentlemen, thank you....phew! Well, I don't know what to say. I didn't expect to be up here receiving this award so I didn't prepare a speech.
Phew. Er.. well...unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I'd just like to thank my wife, mum, dad, Andy my brewing acolyte, Graham for writing THE book, all the writers of crap brewing books that led me to formulating my own recipes almost from the outset, Norman from Art of Brewing, Danny and Di, James McCrorie, Jim and his blessed forum, the North Hants Brewers, eBay for all the gear nice and cheap, and my mates and family who insist on drinking my beer and exhorting me to brew more, Reggie Maudling, Amsinck, William Cobbett, Louis Pasteur, Hodgeson, Allsop, Bass, Sedlmayer, Harwood even though that's bollocks but it's a good story, Guinness - even though he was copying us, the Belgians, and Dutch, and Germans - steady on!, the grain, the hop....bleedin' everything and everyone to do with good beer, even Camra - sometimes, when they're not letting decent pubs get bulldozed under their noses.. Finally and most importantly....the Yeast! None of this would be possible without the yeast.

I thank you all. :) To the competitor - time of year, mate. In winter it might well have been a different story. Nice recipe.

And to Wez - who can get a brewday post to 6+ pages even before he heats the HLT!! :lol: Wez, I'd be happy to take bottles to the NHBC meeting. Where do you live?.....Or, you could bring them yourself! ;)

Graham - was your vote A or B?? Your post was a touche contradictory... mine (B) was pale and hoppy, with a simple grain bill. The other (A) was dark and less hoppy, with a more complex grain bill. Initially you said you went for A, then went on to describe mine! Who is DaveB?

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

iowalad
Under the Table

Post by iowalad » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:57 am

:lol:

BlightyBrewer

Post by BlightyBrewer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:46 am

I vote A :shock:

Wez

Post by Wez » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 am