Seymour Citra Dark, twisted, coco strawberry like

Had a good one? Tell us about it here - and don't forget - we like pictures!
Kp2

Seymour Citra Dark, twisted, coco strawberry like

Post by Kp2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm

I was unable to move the original recipe from brew recipes. At lot of info, can the mods move over (please), look under Seymour Citra Dark page 6ish. Couldn't face using citra, but like the list of malts used, a dark beer with lots of pale chocolate notes...

Thought it might be fun to use challenger green hops off the bines for the bittering with three+ years plus old bramble hops (and others).

Three days in and operating an over pitch of mangrove yeast of new world and Burton at 22c. Getting banna, toffee from the new world. On transfer the Burton, (pear and green apple), had started to take over.

Dry hoped today with 100g of cardinal hops plus 100g of honey mix with 1l of boiled water. Transferred the pale coco malt beer at 1.0220 and lowered to 18c from 22c. This should allow the yeast to clean up the beer and leave a residue sweetness to back-up the coco malt and strawberry hops favour.
and
I Believe I should get strawberry, anise and other favours from the styrine cardinal, hence the title. Um, we'll see what happens. Kp

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Re: Seymour Citra Dark, twisted, coco strawberry like

Post by seymour » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Bump. I'm intrigued, how's it drinking?