Brew day from hell!!!

Had a good one? Tell us about it here - and don't forget - we like pictures!
orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Brew day from hell!!!

Post by orlando » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 am

robbarwell wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 pm
handle gave way and 25 litres of sticky beer onto kitchen floor just as wife arrived home from work...picture but no sound in relationship for a good few days
:lol: I'm stealing that one. =D>
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

BackO'Th'Shed

Post by BackO'Th'Shed » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 am

chefgage wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm
I wouldnt say a stuck sparge, but it certainly is slow.
I had this for my first 5/6 GF brews and then spotted a tip on another homebrew forum. If you pause the mash 15 minutes in and give it a good stir this makes the sparge run a lot faster.

Back on topic - I did a similar thing last weekend. Coupled up the CFC and had nice crystal clear, cool wort flowing into the FV in the garage so decided to go and give the grain basket a clean in the kitchen. Came back to find the tube out of the FV pouring wort all over the garage floor. Only lost about a litre, but lesson learned for next time...

lord.president
Hollow Legs

Post by lord.president » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 am

I’ve done that. Lost about 4 litres on the kitchen floor. Had to take out fridge and freezer and the valances to get it all up. She was out,so didn’t need to know.
Getting Carlisle United into the First Division,is possibly the greatest football achievement of all time-Bill Shankly

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 am

I think many of us have lost some wort over the years; messy and frustrating. But it can be worse, over the years I've seen a fair number of posts (usually from overseas) that start something like: "I was carrying the boiling hot kettle of wort when..." followed by a picture from the casualty department :(
Kev

TheSumOfAllBeers
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:27 pm

I wish I got a photo of one of my earlier brewdays when I brewed on the kitchen worktop.

Imagine seeing some idiot in cargo shorts and sandals standing on a wet kitchen worktop hoisting a wet bag out of a hot mash.

I could have been a meme

charlie
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by charlie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 am

TheSumOfAllBeers wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:27 pm
I wish I got a photo of one of my earlier brewdays when I brewed on the kitchen worktop.

Imagine seeing some idiot in cargo shorts and sandals standing on a wet kitchen worktop hoisting a wet bag out of a hot mash.

I could have been a meme Image
At least we don't carry about huge glass carboys like the 'mericans do
Brewing in the badlands between Arnside and Milnthorpe.
Cumbria