Recipe advice

Discussion on brewing beer from malt extract, hops, and yeast.
Hobes

Recipe advice

Post by Hobes » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Hello there,

I would class myself as a little bit beyond a complete novice brewer, I moved from kits to extract brewing to extract brewing with grain water (more tasty water than anything like AG)

The reason I come to you fine folks is because I need your advice, for you see I have come a cropper of some late onset allergen syndrome (or some medical mumbo jumbo along those lines)

Now, I realise this will sound like a "lol hooch sugarwash" thread, but hear me out. Apart from a big beer drinker, I was a major port drinker.

The kicker, the absolute kick in the nads, grape products (by and large) now give me really bad cramps.

Anyway, the long story short is that I am looking to brew a tipple which can replace my nightly port, something around 15-18%, on the malty side, with a bit of hop running beneath (fairly standard fair :P) and I was hoping that I could be given a decent recipe for something along these lines as I dont know whether to go down the avenue of say, tripel yeast, barley wine yeast, wine yeast, or as my friend jokingly recommended, turbo 23%.*

Thanks,

Hobes

*Disclaimer, I would not touch turbo with yours. :P