punk ipa from malt miller

Make grain beers with the absolute minimum of equipment. Discuss here.
f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: punk ipa from malt miller

Post by f00b4r » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Due to the large amount of hops used, how long is this beer good for storing before it starts degrading?

dave p

Post by dave p » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:44 am

does look good.thinking of steppin up to biab. so am looking at modifying a boiler. maybe a 40ltr buffalo. only done 2 kits so far . a fourfinger jack and a festival father hook. both excellent. still a novice. taken loads of info off here but sometimes get lost with what i was originally looking for.so was wondering . can this kit be done just with a boiler and grain bag or is it proper all grain requiring mash tun,wort chiller etc?. got the way to amarillo to do next . once i've cleared a keg. thou this is extract. which comes with simple instructions.cheers. edit. sorry for bein so dense. seeing this thread's in the biab section.doh

bigchris
Piss Artist

Post by bigchris » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 pm

I haven't actually done this kit, but done very similar, BIAB, using a 40L buffalo. Should be no issues, apart, perhaps, from getting a 40L Buffalo these days. I'm sure I ready they've been discontinued.

dave p

Post by dave p » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm

had a bit of time today. so trawled old posts and you tube. basically half managed to answer my own questions. seen buffalo boiler for 85quid plus vat. seen some post for chilling the wort, useing a jerry can. so i guess no need for a chiller straight off.do you know if you need to keep the the bag of the bottom even with a consealed element? i defo think i,m gonna take the leap in. cheers. may post in a new thread so,s not to clog up this punk .i.p.a.one. how was it by the way?

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Definitely keep the bag off the element. I used to BIAB with a 40l Buffalo and used bungee straps to keep it raised. Others have used cake racks etc

bigchris
Piss Artist

Post by bigchris » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Best to keep the bag off the element. I bought a cheap stainless steel colendar from poundland/B&N/similar shop and knocked off the handles. Drop that up-side down into the buffalo before puttingin the bag. Worked just fine.