master pint larger

Make grain beers with the absolute minimum of equipment. Discuss here.
glenn1960

master pint larger

Post by glenn1960 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:18 pm

eh up my name is glenn not been brewin for a bit so i need help tryin larger for the first time how long beore the larger clears when botteled did mine 11 days ago still foggy can anyone help cheers

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: master pint larger

Post by Haydnexport » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't bottle my lagers, but here's my rough schedule when i make lager. Let it ferment for at least 2 (usually 3) weeks at 12c then rise up to 16 for a couple of days . Transfer to a clean sanitized vessel and cool to 1-2 c for at least 4 weeks , 6 better then keg and carb. Beer is usually nice and bright by then, you don't really want to rush lager.

AnthonyUK

Re: master pint larger

Post by AnthonyUK » Mon May 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Larger = bigger ;)

Lager is from German for a beer that is stored and has become a term for this style of beer where it is 'lagered' for a period of time to achieve its distinctive characteristics.
During this lagering period which is normally at low temperatures for a few weeks, helps with the clarity issue.
If it was not clear when you bottled then try and store it somewhere cool for a while.

It is one of the more difficult and time consuming types of beer to make properly.