Bronzed Brews

A forum for asking about brewing publications of all sorts. Also the place to put reviews of brewing books that you've read.
Fuggled Mind
Hollow Legs

Bronzed Brews

Post by Fuggled Mind » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Bronzed Brews - Home Brewing Old Australian Beers by Peter Symons

Has anyone else got this yet?

I saw it advertised on Ron Pattinson's Barclay Perkins website. It's a book dedicated to vintage Australian ales and just got mine in the post today. Ron said he was plugging it because he wrote the foreward.

It's quite comprehensive and has lots of history and details about the Australian brewing processes and the different beers. There are sections on porter and stout, pale ale, xxx or old and lager.
Naturally, there are recipes, just like in Ron's books should you be left feeling inspired.

Not had enough time to go through it yet but it'll be keeping me busy on train journeys over the coming week.

Cheers

Jason
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields

Korev
Sober

Re: Bronzed Brews

Post by Korev » Sat May 14, 2016 12:13 am

Hi Jason,

I did a podcast with the guys on The Session http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/the-se ... zed-brews/ which you may find of interest

Cheers
Peter

Fuggled Mind
Hollow Legs

Post by Fuggled Mind » Mon May 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Cheers Peter

I'll definitely check the podcast out.

It's an interesting book and some of the recipes definitely look like they are worth trying. The Cascade Pale Ale for one and lots of good stout/porter recipes. I especially like the look of the 1920 Resch Extra Stout but with 30% invert sugar, I wonder if I'll end up with off-flavours.

Cheers

Jason
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Mon May 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Fascinating podcast, I'll be picking up the book as well:) The guys on the session asked a lot of good questions and whetted my appetite :)