Carbonation of Pub barrle lager

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Winker

Carbonation of Pub barrle lager

Post by Winker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi there,

I am looking to set up my own small brewery brewing Lager. I have been successfully brewing lager now for 8 years at home. But I now want to branch out and start selling to pubs. But I don't have a clue how the lager is carbonated before its sent to the pubs. What equipment do I need and where would be the best place to purchase it?

Anyone please?

Many thanks

GrowlingDogBeer
Even further under the Table

Re: Carbonation of Pub barrle lager

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Welcome :)

How are you planning to supply to pubs, in bottles or in kegs, if in kegs what sort of kegs are you thinking of using.

The most common for lager would probably be a Sankey style keg with S Type couplers. You can get the kegs from various places but I have used these people and am happy with them. http://www.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/

You will need some CO2, a regulator and then some connectors to connect to your Sankey S- Type connectors to connect to your kegs.

Then it's just a case of connecting your keg to your CO2 at your chosen pressure for the level of carbonation you are looking for and keeping them somewhere cold.

Winker

Post by Winker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks Runwell-Steve,

I am looking at selling Kegs and I was looking at these http://www.breweryplastics.biz/index.php/products

I just cant seam to find any company selling the setup I would need for a Lager/Beer Co2 system. I no clue on how to go about getting the Co2 into the barrel. I cant find any info on it either. There is plenty info out there on the Corni Kegs and I fully understand the concept. I didn't know if there was a universal fitting for the Kegs or would I ask the supier of the Kegs for the C02 system for their Keg.

mozza
Under the Table

Post by mozza » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 pm

cornies,-polykegs....-definitive-setup-thread
viewtopic.php?t=62940
Cheers and gone,

Mozza