beer engines with kegs

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
nicknoxx

beer engines with kegs

Post by nicknoxx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:50 pm

So, I'm building a small home bar and I'd like to have some beer engine type pumps but I'm using kegs so what do I need? Can one convert traditional beer engines for use with kegs or can I buy something that looks like a beer engine but works like a dalex tap?

thanks

Belter

Re: beer engines with kegs

Post by Belter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:27 pm

nicknoxx wrote:So, I'm building a small home bar and I'd like to have some beer engine type pumps but I'm using kegs so what do I need? Can one convert traditional beer engines for use with kegs or can I buy something that looks like a beer engine but works like a dalex tap?

thanks
Yes. With a Demand Valve in place it stops beer flowing out of the beer engine until you pull the handle. You just need to condition the keg and then back off the pressure. Beers pulled through a beer engine need far less pressure

nicknoxx

Post by nicknoxx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks for that Belter. I drink my beers with pretty low carbonation anyway so it looks like it will work.

Cheers

chastuck
Hollow Legs

Post by chastuck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 am

nicknoxx wrote:So, I'm building a small home bar and I'd like to have some beer engine type pumps but I'm using kegs so what do I need? Can one convert traditional beer engines for use with kegs or can I buy something that looks like a beer engine but works like a dalex tap?

thanks
This is what you need:
http://cfbsonline.co.uk/index.php/handp ... valve.html

nicknoxx

Post by nicknoxx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 am

25 Quid !!!!!!

Belter

Post by Belter » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 am

I have a second hand one you can have. I did have 6 brand new ones but sold them all. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you some pics