Co2 In Belfast

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Dunlambert

Co2 In Belfast

Post by Dunlambert » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Can anyone point me in the direction of a Co2 gas bottle supplier in or around Belfast.

I just started brewing again after a few years lay off building my fermenter fridge etc and have just bit the bullet and purchased two Cornys knowing that it is difficult to get a supplier over here for the gas. So, I was hoping that someone here might be able to help or point me in the right direction.
Thanks
David.

dinger44
Sober

Re: Co2 In Belfast

Post by dinger44 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:12 pm

I got a bottle last year at Nifex in Dunmurry. It was £80 and £20 a refill.

29 Colinglen Road, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 0LR
028 9030 1355

Dunlambert

Post by Dunlambert » Sun May 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Many thanks for the info dinger, I managed to get a co2 fire extinguisher for £10 so am going to give that a go upside down, but ideally a proper bottle would be best so will definitely look into Nifex.
Thanks again

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:54 pm

I suggest asking at your local pub. I just tried 1 today he pays £10 a refill (and is happy to pass this directly to me) and is finding out the cylinder cost for me.

endatheworld
Tippler

Post by endatheworld » Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Dunlambert wrote:Hi Can anyone point me in the direction of a Co2 gas bottle supplier in or around Belfast.

I just started brewing again after a few years lay off building my fermenter fridge etc and have just bit the bullet and purchased two Cornys knowing that it is difficult to get a supplier over here for the gas. So, I was hoping that someone here might be able to help or point me in the right direction.
Thanks
David.
There is a guy in Dungannon that sells 6kg tanks for £40 and £10 pound per fill.

*EDIT* I got the tanks today from this guy. I wasnt sure if he wanted his details published but said he was happy for me to do so. Details below.

NORTHERN CRYOGENICS LTD
Contact Gareth on Tel: 07736348753.

Dunlambert

Post by Dunlambert » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks endatheworld for the info. I will have to persevere with the fire extinguisher for the time being but will have to get a proper bottle soon. Thanks again.

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:34 am

DEposit was £25 no VAT fill was 10.50+ VAT

Onthebrew

Post by Onthebrew » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Just opening this up again as having a few problems using soda stream. I have seen geterbrewed do a 2kg canister which Is perfect size. Only worry is finding somewhere to re fill it in/near Belfast? Just wondered any new options?

Belfatjacko
Sober

Post by Belfatjacko » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Nifex is where I go. Was a bit gangsterish when I was there before but my latest experience with them was considerably more professional, the canisters had “lids” on them like calor gas if that makes sense. Went up asked for a refill they took my old dodgy looking canister away and gave me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onthebrew

Post by Onthebrew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:09 pm

seems to be the go to place as long as you are not palmed off with mixed gas apparently!

Belfatjacko
Sober

Post by Belfatjacko » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:29 pm

First guy tried to palm me off with mixed but I kept reiterated I wanted co2. As I say the last time I went was much more professional. (The guy who tried to get me on mixed was smoking the whole time he was around the various gas tanks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk