Kegging Shopping List

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: Kegging Shopping List

Post by Fil » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:00 pm

naturals wrote:My kegerator build is nearly complete!! Quick question on tap shanks though - I bought a set with tails from Keg Kingdom, jubilee clips around the ends to secure the beer line however they leaked like fury. Jubilee clip off and they're fine.

Any top tips for a better sort of clip to use to hold them secure without pinching the line into a weird shape which allows leaks?

google /ebay for crimp clamps,
you only need a standard pair of pincer pliers to tighten them, But they are a single use item.

ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Kegging Shopping List

Post by orlando » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 am

naturals wrote:My kegerator build is nearly complete!! Quick question on tap shanks though - I bought a set with tails from Keg Kingdom, jubilee clips around the ends to secure the beer line however they leaked like fury. Jubilee clip off and they're fine.

Any top tips for a better sort of clip to use to hold them secure without pinching the line into a weird shape which allows leaks?

Are the shanks not threaded then? If they are I would get a JG fitting that screws on then just shove a bit of beer line into it. The one I've linked to is to illustrate the idea, make sure you get the right size for your taps and beer line. :wink:
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer