Purple Beer Line Cleaner Quantities ?

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Nobby Novice
Steady Drinker

Purple Beer Line Cleaner Quantities ?

Post by Nobby Novice » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:32 am

I have recently received 5 litres of gmb green indicator beer line cleaner (even though it is purple in colour) and I am now ready to clean my beer line, about 5 metres , and beer engine. There is no instructions as to what quantity I should use, whether I need to dilute the cleaner, and how long to leave in the line before flushing through. The label on the bottle just says follow beer lines manufacturers recommendations. As this is my first attempt at cleaning, I would be most grateful for advice from other users on this forum.
Thanks. Nobby.
Fermenting 1: Browning's Porter
36 Pint Cask:
Brewing :Christmas's Past Golden Ale
Drinking :Boddingtons Bitter Clone

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Purple Beer Line Cleaner Quantities ?

Post by jaroporter » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

well, previous threads on here have suggested that different line cleaners have different usage instructions and dilution rates. so i'd follow the recommendations on the bottle, that is, find out the manufacturer and their specific instructions. surely the manufacturer and some kind of information is given on the bottle?!
dazzled, doused in gin..

Eric
Even further under the Table

Post by Eric » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 pm

3 to 6 ml per litre of water depending upon soiling. Leave for 20 in lines then flush through with more cleaner. Repeat if necessary until the cleaner coming out is the same colour as that going in.
Flush with clean water until the water is perfectly clean on exit, then flush again with more fresh to be sure and taste the water for total confidence.
Don't leave it for longer periods, it can stain in some circumstances.
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

rpt
Hollow Legs

Post by rpt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

My cleaner needs double that which shows it is ridiculous that the manufacturer doesn't give any instructions. How is the maker of the beer line meant to know the concentration of the cleaner?

Nobby Novice
Steady Drinker

Post by Nobby Novice » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks everyone for their help. I can at least experiment with the information you have given me. In the meantime, I await the manufacturers reply to my email.
Cheers. Nobby
Fermenting 1: Browning's Porter
36 Pint Cask:
Brewing :Christmas's Past Golden Ale
Drinking :Boddingtons Bitter Clone