Pygmy 25k

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Will.1973

Pygmy 25k

Post by Will.1973 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:56 am

Hey just wondering if anyone uses the Lindr Pygmy 25k/25k double for dispensing from Corny keg. I have 2 of them a single and a double tap but have only ever used them for barrels of cider for the wife. Just wondering the fact that they produce their own carbonation withot need for gas bottle and self chilling at point of dispense if i am ok to just very slightly force carb the keg enough to get beer up the line. Dont want to fully carb a keg then have it go through another carbonation process if that makes sense. Just wondering if anyone has already tried this method with any success.

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Pygmy 25k

Post by Haydnexport » Sun May 07, 2017 11:02 am

I wouldn't use it myself , certainly not on a 19l keg , unless you drink like a fish ! Im pretty sure that machine just uses compressed air to dispense, not co2 so it doesnt actually carbonate (co2), it could work well with 6 or 9 l kegs ?

Will.1973

Post by Will.1973 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reply i have just realised that i can still use the pygmy by just turning off the compressor and force carbonating the corny keg and using co2 to push through. Then use the pygmy as my chiller/dispenser think this will work :)

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Mon May 08, 2017 10:13 pm

should be fine, but pressure the keg to contain and retain condition at the ambient temp of the keg not the serving temp out of the machine. there is a nice conditioning chart stickied in here that uses the celsius scale ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:46 am

Have seen the 20k for sale on eBay for about 340 pound seems a great no nonsense solution to dispensing anyone seen or used one