Beer engine

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
1300s
Sober

Re: Beer engine

Post by 1300s » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks Jim :)

Michael

greengrass

Post by greengrass » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi I have set up a beer engine earlier this year, after looking at the Corney keg system, which involves having to have a cylinder of gas which I did not want, I decided to go with a beer engine and I am so glad I did, I had a plan worked out but not sure if it would work, I saw a picture of a set up on this web site and modified it slightly. I use two pollypins from Love Brewing the 20 ltr ones, if you remove them from the box you can get well over 5 gal in them, I dispense 2 different beers from 1 engine, and also have a feature that allows me to flush the pipework through after use. I dispense anything from a couple of pints to a full on party, my beer keeps as well as in a king keg for months on end with no adverse effects, in fact I would say just like a keg my beer in my pollypins gets better with ageing.
If you want I will try and put a photo on here, other than that look on Face Book (Stuart Horsfall) I have some pictures on there.
Never looked back, indeed I am hoping to increase to 2 more pollypins and they can mature while I am drinking the ones that are ready.
Regards
Stuart Horsfall

mshergold

Post by mshergold » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:43 am

Dennis King's thread on polypins is excellent. I put mine in a large (I think 30 litre) coolbox, tap up with the beer line running through the drain hole of the box. Using hose and John Guest fittings, I've managed to set it up so I can flush the beer engine if need be.