Keezer/kegerator size

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Keezer/kegerator size

Post by floydmeddler » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi folks,

I'm getting the stuff together for a kegerator or keezer. I have 4 ball lock corny kegs. Struggling with making a decision on chest freezer / fridge. Can anyone tell me what size I need to go for in order to house 4 kegs? Happy to keep the gas outside. Lots of info on US forums, but they measure fridges in cubic feet where as in the UK, we measure in liters.

Any info appreciated. Need to get this right!!!

Cheers!

Floyd

TonySan
Steady Drinker

Re: Keezer/kegerator size

Post by TonySan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 pm

I've used a 90cm Norfrost. Fits 5 kegs with space for heater and fan, and leaves some working room for moving things around when you want to take a keg out. It does need a high collar though (6"), as the whole of the bottom is at the same level, with no compressor hump. Search this forum, there are quite a few builds on it. I spent some time searching before deciding on this as the way to go.
Fermenting: Nowt
Conditioning: Black Cross Stout
Drinking: GW London Porter, 'Use it Up' Bitter

floydmeddler

Post by floydmeddler » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 am

Cheers buddy!

Did you use ball lock cornies?

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:04 pm

The indesit SIAA12 larder-style fridge that I had some years ago would take six cornies (if you make a suitable shelf) - four on the top and two on the bottom.
It is a little awkward reaching to the back ones for getting the disconnects on and off, but it all fits in.
Kev

floydmeddler

Post by floydmeddler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 am

Cheers Kev. Just made a purchase.

Exciting!

donchiquon
Hollow Legs

Post by donchiquon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 am

Kev888 wrote:The indesit SIAA12 larder-style fridge that I had some years ago would take six cornies (if you make a suitable shelf) - four on the top and two on the bottom.
It is a little awkward reaching to the back ones for getting the disconnects on and off, but it all fits in.
Looks good. I have a similar size (now discontinued) fridge and used the compressor hump on the bottom to build a shelf to house the heater and fan underneath. With this configuration I ended up with 4 kegs on the bottom and 2 on the top. The shelf enables the 4 on the bottom to be on 2 tiers so that the rear ones are easier to access.
Ian

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:11 am

Yeah, that may have been possible, though I never actually tried it that way so can't be absolutely certain if it would work in this model. Though you've reminded me that initially I had eight cornies in it; there wasn't enough height for disconnects on the rear four, but it was okay for storing them whilst dispensing from the front four. But with only six kegs in, then all six could be coupled up simultaneously which suited me better.

It sounds like a choice has been made anyway, so we await developments =D>
Kev