Chiller pump problem

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Goosey
Piss Artist

Chiller pump problem

Post by Goosey » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:32 am

Hello all. I have a 'Codifesa' brand chiller that works very well except the recirc pump gas started playing up. The motor spins, but is not pushing any water out of the pipes anymore. I can get to the motor and take the middle part out some of the way, but I can't pull the whole thing through as I'm assuming the impeller is stopping it getting through. Anyone taken one like this apart? I icould cut through the insulating plasticky stuff, but I don't really know what's underneath. Any help welcome :)

IPA
Under the Table

Re: Chiller pump problem

Post by IPA » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:12 am

Goosey wrote:Hello all. I have a 'Codifesa' brand chiller that works very well except the recirc pump gas started playing up. The motor spins, but is not pushing any water out of the pipes anymore. I can get to the motor and take the middle part out some of the way, but I can't pull the whole thing through as I'm assuming the impeller is stopping it getting through. Anyone taken one like this apart? I icould cut through the insulating plasticky stuff, but I don't really know what's underneath. Any help welcome :)

As before with indicator light. Try this guy.

https://www.toutpourlabiere.com
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

Goosey
Piss Artist

Re: Chiller pump problem

Post by Goosey » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 am

I managed to get the top off and get at the pump. The connection to the outlet had come off somehow. Fixed now :)