Elecqueen - Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Fingar

Elecqueen - Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Post by Fingar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi Folks,

Does anybody have any experience of the Elecqueen Counter Pressure Bottle Filler?

I found it on AliExpress and appears to be Chinese. You can see the kit at this link https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 93845.html

I've been thinking of making one myself... in fact I have a very basic keg-to-bottle filler, but want something which is a bit more effective. This one is stainless and is priced at $45.

Cheers... Fingar

TonySan
Steady Drinker

Re: Elecqueen - Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Post by TonySan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 pm

I may be missing something, but I don't see where the counter pressure bit comes from ? Looks just like a Blichmann clone.
Fermenting: Nowt
Conditioning: Black Cross Stout
Drinking: GW London Porter, 'Use it Up' Bitter

Fingar

Post by Fingar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 pm

I believe that in this type of design, the counter pressure comes from a sleeve which fits over the filling tube and then vents to the tap on the side.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm

2 distinct control valves needing 3 hands to operate just the same as a basic home diy version, the beauty of the blitchmann device is the co2 control trigger alowing you to grip and control both the burping bottle seal and the co2 with 1 hand and the beer with the 2nd..

you would need to burp out the co2 manually as you fill..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Fingar

Post by Fingar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm

A Blichmann is about 120 quid v 36 quid for this piece of kit... I might get sick of using my 3rd hand at some point but it is around a 1/4 the price!

Also on the same site are Blichmann beergun copies. I wonder how they compare? Just search 'beer gun'.

Cheers... Fingar

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 pm

there is chinesa copy of the Blitchman beer gun, I have one it's OK if you dont mind the long tubes.

aamcle

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:29 pm

I knocked up a diy version with 1/4" ball valves, and only spent one session attempting to maintain the pressure and seal the bottle with the bung with my chin with one hand atempting to close off the co2 and the other releasing the cold beer, before long i was exploring the possibilities of owning a new metalic boomerang and sent it spinning down the garden, it didnt work very well as a boomerang either..

for trouble free bottle filling check out the pegas bottle taps, might be about the only decent thing to come from Putins russia, again not cheap, but they work, and a simple shim cut from a steel or Stainless steel washer will enable filling of most glass bottles as well as the pet bottles its designed for. Again there are chinese copies at a fraction of the cost.

chinese copies are a punt mine needed a closed off co2 passage drilling out!! tho i understand thats a 'fixed issue' now.
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 pm

blichmann isnt a counter pressure filler

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 pm

To add to Fil’s comments, the knock off Pegas on AliExpress is the older cartridge based version, the newer Evolution does not have a cartridge (sink tap style), these can harbour nasties if you are not careful in cleaning them. They are fantastic devices and great for batches, however if it is just the odd bottle then consider a growler filler for your tap (for those to be drunk ASAP) and/or carbonation caps for those that you may want to keep a little longer.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 am

f00b4r wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 pm
To add to Fil’s comments, the knock off Pegas on AliExpress is the older cartridge based version, the newer Evolution does not have a cartridge (sink tap style), these can harbour nasties if you are not careful in cleaning them. They are fantastic devices and great for batches, however if it is just the odd bottle then consider a growler filler for your tap (for those to be drunk ASAP) and/or carbonation caps for those that you may want to keep a little longer.

I have one, wouldn't be without it, knocks everything else into a cocked hat. I use it for individual bottles as well as a batch. I have it permanently mounted to my Keezer so it is ready to go at the drop of the cocked hat.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer