Master Pint Kits - £9.99

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
SquireKnott

Master Pint Kits - £9.99

Post by SquireKnott » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Has anybody tried these yet?

http://www.hambletonbard.com/products/b ... -kits.html

They get a good write up on here

http://thebrewshop.co.uk/

AlbionOakley

Re: Master Pint Kits - £9.99

Post by AlbionOakley » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52 pm

I've bought a bitter kit with an out of date pack of BKE For £12 total, not put it on yet!

SquireKnott

Post by SquireKnott » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:54 pm

I picked up a lager and an IPA yesterday - the IPA is badged as Bulldog apparently as it was from a boxed microbrewery kit.

Exiled Bradfordian

Post by Exiled Bradfordian » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Is the IPA kit you've got the one that has sugar listed on the ingredients and needs a further 1.5kg of sugar to make it up?

This one?

It looks an awful lot of sugar to me, especially since there's some in the bag already, so am thinking of how to brew this up without making something silly thin. Maybe 1kg BKE and 0.5kg spraymalt. Thoughts?

AlbionOakley

Post by AlbionOakley » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:16 pm

I put on a batch of master pint bitter today. Half the kit and 500g BKE, brewed to 10l
Will be the first batch I put in my spanking new 2 gallon keg

SquireKnott

Post by SquireKnott » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Exiled Bradfordian wrote:Is the IPA kit you've got the one that has sugar listed on the ingredients and needs a further 1.5kg of sugar to make it up?

This one?

It looks an awful lot of sugar to me, especially since there's some in the bag already, so am thinking of how to brew this up without making something silly thin. Maybe 1kg BKE and 0.5kg spraymalt. Thoughts?
I've put mine on with 1kg of BKE.

A very small Krausen so far though - could my kitchen be too cold in the night with no heating on?

Exiled Bradfordian

Post by Exiled Bradfordian » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Sounds a plan. Not least because I have plenty of BKE so your recipe is decidedly convenient.

AlbionOakley

Post by AlbionOakley » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Master pint bitter now in the keg.

SquireKnott

Post by SquireKnott » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 pm

SquireKnott wrote:
Exiled Bradfordian wrote:Is the IPA kit you've got the one that has sugar listed on the ingredients and needs a further 1.5kg of sugar to make it up?

This one?

I've put mine on with 1kg of BKE.

A very small Krausen so far though - could my kitchen be too cold in the night with no heating on?
Not bad at all this.

Can't remember what I hopped it with (they're all blurring into one now :? ) but it's good.

Bought another today. Sticking with the cheap kits until the weather warms up a bit and I can stock up on Festival's

MikeysMoonshine

Post by MikeysMoonshine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 am

I've got a Hambletons Bard Mexican cervezza in primary fermentation at the moment, due to bottle on Friday. In a few weeks I will let you know what I think of it.

I have brewed cervezza x2 on each brand so far Inc Cooper's, Brewmaster, make your own, young's, simply, etc. I always double the amount of sugar in the primary fermentation in previous batches because I like to have a little higher alcohol volume. Lol