Sunday brew...toucan Coopers stout to 23L

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
bigtoe

Re: Sunday brew...toucan Coopers stout to 23L

Post by bigtoe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:25 pm

1 pot brewing (grainfather) has transformed my beer making now, extract, kits and partial mash along with full all grain brews all come out very very good. If i can just get over the flu I really need to get the Coopers stout brewed up I have sat ready, idea is 3KG grain bill with 200g of that being speciality grains and 250g being oats for the partial mash, followed by a short boil before the kit goes in at flame out and a nice hop addition in the hop rocket before chilling, I have some home grown EKG left which would add some spicy notes which might work well.
Brew length 25L I think, no idea where the gravity will land, anything around 1.050 will get the job done and I will ferment with m15 yeast to leave a little sweetness, body and fruity taste.

Shared a couple of bottles of the toucan with a mate on saturday night, he actually said it was "utterly beautiful" , I served it in a half tulip glass and told him to sip it not chug it, he starting to list off the flavours he was getting which was nice as he hit the whole list I had got also ;)

Its a leave for 6 months minimum beer, a year is better, if tesco have the 10quid offer on pick two up and get it brewed BUT resist it till Christmas 2017!

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:05 pm

bigtoe wrote:
Shared a couple of bottles of the toucan with a mate on saturday night, he actually said it was "utterly beautiful"
bt,
I was going to say `Told You!`, but there is no need for me to say anything! :D

WA

(Told You)! =D>

bigtoe

Post by bigtoe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:40 am

Yeah I know....;)

New year (once I get the garage brewery finished I can get going making some special brews again, also decided I might have a go at making a counterflow bottle filler (have lathe and mill here etc) so I can share some of these brews out and not worry if the bottling has gone ok, i can just bottle right from the keg ;)