New Coopers Kits

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
monkeymullins
Steady Drinker

New Coopers Kits

Post by monkeymullins » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Anyone tried the new coopers range? If so any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoprocket

Re: New Coopers Kits

Post by Hoprocket » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi, ive recently made the Coopers family secret, its been in the keg for a couple of weeks, i added half a sachet of Cascade Hops, after 3 days, into the brew, also added light spraymalt, its a very nice beer, will be making this one again. :)

twentyfootwilf

Post by twentyfootwilf » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Just put a family secret in the fv made it as per the instructions i.e. 1kg light dried malt extract, and kit yeast. To 22 litres (instructions give 23) trying to keep my kitchen at 21c. Trying it as close to the instructions as possible to get the best idea of what it's supposed to be like. I've got a Devils Half Ruby Porter to do and I've got a 1.5kg tub of Briess Porter malt extract to brew it with, we shall see what we shall see.

Monkeybrew
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Monkeybrew » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:36 am

twentyfootwilf wrote:Just put a family secret in the fv made it as per the instructions i.e. 1kg light dried malt extract, and kit yeast. To 22 litres (instructions give 23) trying to keep my kitchen at 21c. Trying it as close to the instructions as possible to get the best idea of what it's supposed to be like. I've got a Devils Half Ruby Porter to do and I've got a 1.5kg tub of Briess Porter malt extract to brew it with, we shall see what we shall see.
I'd be interested to hear how this one turns out, as I have a kilo of BKE sitting here and need a kit to go with it.

I was in Wilko last weekend and they had the 'Brew A' IPA kit for £12.00, which seemed like a good price, but I ended up walking away, because I would have had to lug it around all day in Chelmsford :|

I was really hoping to pick up a can of Dark Ale, but my LHBS said that Coopers have dropped it from their range. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Cheers

MB
FV:

Conditioning:
AG#41 - Vienna Lager - 5.6%
AG#42 - Heritage Double Ale - 10.5%

On Tap:
AG#44 - Harvest ESB - 5.4%
AG#45 - Amarillo Gold APA - 5.2%

Monkeybrew
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Monkeybrew » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:10 am

Just looked on the Coopers website and they still show the Dark Ale in the Original Series kit line up.

MB
FV:

Conditioning:
AG#41 - Vienna Lager - 5.6%
AG#42 - Heritage Double Ale - 10.5%

On Tap:
AG#44 - Harvest ESB - 5.4%
AG#45 - Amarillo Gold APA - 5.2%

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:28 am

I have not seen the dark ale for sale at Tesco direct, typical place I would get a cheap kit from, just looked on homebrew online.com web site and they list it for £11.95
They also do the simply range which are priced at £10.19 a kit I did there pale ale with a few extra hops and they was surprisingly good

Clibit
Under the Table

Post by Clibit » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:34 am

I read that the Irish stout is being replaced by a new Murphy's style stout that's not released yet. The Coopers Brew A IPA has replaced the Coopers IPA, which has gone. Others gone too, not sure which. Draught and Oz Bitter seem to have gone. Some info in this thread...

https://www.coopers.com.au/coopers-foru ... 70/?page=1

The new kits have new yeasts...

https://www.coopers.com.au/coopers-forum/topic/14826/

Clibit
Under the Table

Post by Clibit » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:40 am

Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 12:56 PM

Sorry if we have created any confusion regarding the recent new label changes. Here's what’s happening:

Original Series - Lager, Draught, Real Ale, Dark Ale, Stout - label change but no change to product in the cans

International Series - Australian Pale Ale, European Lager, Mexican Cerveza, English Bitter, Canadian Blonde, - label change but no change to product in cans with the exception of the addition of an all new Irish Stout in the style of Murphys Irish Stout - available in approx 2 weeks

Thomas Cooper Series - completely new range - new labels and all new product in the cans.

Old Thomas Cooper Series - will be fazed out.
(Australian Bitter, Heritage Lager, Traditional Draught, Pilsener, India Pale Ale, Wheat Beer, Irish Stout or Sparkling Ale.)

The new TC Series:
- Brew A IPA,
- Family Secret Amber Ale,
- Devils Half Ruby Porter
- 86 Days Pilsner
- Bootmaker Pale Ale
- Innkeeper's Daughter Sparkling Ale
- Preachers Hefe Wheat
- Golden Crown Lager