Coopers APA

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Grumbler

Coopers APA

Post by Grumbler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I started a Coopers APA last Saturday exactly as it said on the tin! It fermented out by Wednesday! OG was 1.040, by Monday it was flat as a pancake. Took a reading and it was 1.012. It's the same today, Thursday btw. I've added some restart yeast just in case, and i'm going to add some topaz as a dry hop on sunday. Any thoughts?

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Re: Coopers APA

Post by WalesAles » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Grumbler wrote:I started a Coopers APA last Saturday exactly as it said on the tin! It fermented out by Wednesday! OG was 1.040, by Monday it was flat as a pancake. Took a reading and it was 1.012. It's the same today, Thursday btw. I've added some restart yeast just in case, and i'm going to add some topaz as a dry hop on sunday. Any thoughts?
Grumbler,
Sounds OK to me.
Leave it in the FV for 2 weeks to finish / clear up.
How much Topaz are you going to use? When is the Topaz going in?

I see you`ve got 7 posts on JBK, are you a new Brewer?
I don`t want to prattle on if you`ve been brewing for years! :D #-o

WA

Grumbler

Post by Grumbler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks for the reply.Yes I'm pretty inexperienced. I aim to put 30g of topaz in 5 days before bottling.

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Grumbler wrote:Thanks for the reply.Yes I'm pretty inexperienced. I aim to put 30g of topaz in 5 days before bottling.
Grumbler,
I won`t tell you how much topaz to put in YOUR brew, google around a bit, see what others say.
This might help...... It features resinous and grassy notes when dry hopped and its fruity profile really shines when utilized in higher gravity recipes.

http://www.hopslist.com/hops/aroma-hops/topaz/

WA

I`d go for 50gr, but that`s just me! :D

Grumbler

Post by Grumbler » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:43 pm

I dry jopped 30 grams of topaz along with 25 grams of cascade. A lovely aroma going into the fermenter.