Wilko prices

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
mrcpea

Wilko prices

Post by mrcpea » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi all,
Have been waiting for wilko offers (especially for Wherry) to arrive. Been none for ages. In fact I just noticed a price hike of £2 a kit. Wherry is now £22 by the looks of it!

MyQul

Re: Wilko prices

Post by MyQul » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:17 pm

It Tesco that you want to keep an eye on. They have a sale about every 3 months. Unfortunately you've just missed the last one by a week or two

spud
Tippler

Post by spud » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Tesco selling everything off half price or less - Think they are getting rid?

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Na they do it all the time, as MyQul says.

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

alexlark wrote:Na they do it all the time, as MyQul says.
I couldn't find anything restocked on the site, so may well?

Leeds_Lad_Michael

Post by Leeds_Lad_Michael » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:01 pm

I burnt myself out on Wilkos stuff when they were ridiculously cheap a couple of years back. I don't think I'd thank you for any of their products at any price. All their wines are bland (tho the missus likes the rose blush, ridiculously sweet).

Some of their own 1 can stuff is £3 off at the moment so the beer kits are £9.50, they really shouldn't be anymore than that, theyre basic products when for a few £s more you can get a much better coopers equivalent.

BigMouth
Steady Drinker

Post by BigMouth » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:01 pm

But isn't a basic product good for exerimenting with? Try out different hop steep/tea additions and dry hopping?
I saw it as a quick way to try different hops against the same malt bill.

I usually do all grain but seeing that price and being short on time I got a wilko cerveza 1 tin kit for £9.50 knowing it was plain and potentially bland ( guessing at lager or pilsner malt and tett or hallertauer hop) and loaded it with 50g chinook whole hops in a 30 minute steep addition of 2 litres at 70C (thinking this was akin to a flameout addition) and plan to add more to dry hop when fermenting done.

Fermenting with harvested yeast from my last all grain instead of the sachet in the kit.

High hopes for a quick summer win

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:40 pm

BigMouth wrote:But isn't a basic product good for exerimenting with? Try out different hop steep/tea additions and dry hopping?
I saw it as a quick way to try different hops against the same malt bill.

I usually do all grain but seeing that price and being short on time I got a wilko cerveza 1 tin kit for £9.50 knowing it was plain and potentially bland ( guessing at lager or pilsner malt and tett or hallertauer hop) and loaded it with 50g chinook whole hops in a 30 minute steep addition of 2 litres at 70C (thinking this was akin to a flameout addition) and plan to add more to dry hop when fermenting done.

Fermenting with harvested yeast from my last all grain instead of the sachet in the kit.

High hopes for a quick summer win
BM,
I second your emotions! :D (That sounds like a song)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76808
It is nice to play with kits! :D

WA