Wherry & Kilner bitter mix brew- do I add priming sugar?

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
monkhouse

Wherry & Kilner bitter mix brew- do I add priming sugar?

Post by monkhouse » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Hey, I've currently got in the fv both cans from a wherry kit and the full malt bag from a Kilner bitter kit, I just used the woodfordes yeast for this brew and brewed to 22l.
Starting gravity was 1.080 on 17/10/17
Gravity now is 1.030
I make this to be around 6.7%abv according to rooftop abv calculator!
Happy with how it tastes so far it's truly amazing and so damn strong I love it!
My question is- I'm going to bottle this beer for Xmas but should I be adding any priming sugar? Normally I would be adding around 80g sugar if it was littleraly just a wherry kit but Dominguez like this I really don't know! I've never combined 2 full kits into one brew before. What do you guys think?

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Re: Wherry & Kilner bitter mix brew- do I add priming sugar?

Post by WalesAles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

monk,
Good for you for being so crazy with your Brewing! :D =D>
I would have added an extra pack of Yeast to try to get it down to 1010 (9.6%)
If you are happy with 6.7% at 1030, and it has been at 1030 for 3 days, go for it! :D
Batch prime with 40gr sugar. I think 80gr sugar will be too much for this Brew.
May the Brew Gods be with you.

WA

Keep us posted on the results.

monkhouse

Re: Wherry & Kilner bitter mix brew- do I add priming sugar?

Post by monkhouse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:47 am

Thanks for the advice wales! I personally don't think another sachet of yeast would have got it down to 1.010- it's that damn Kilner kit, I've brewed 4 of them on their own with v good yeast I bought online and even brewed as short as 16l and it's still only given me a pathetic 4%! So I'm pretty sure 6.7% is all I will get with this combo and tbh for a strong Xmas ale On my way! Chuffed to bits!!
40g of sugar it is then thanks again mate that really helps. I was a bit worried I'd be making bottle bombs if I added the full 80g!!