New Season Hops

A pre-moderated forum where suppliers can advertise their business. Please start a new topic for each entry. YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE UNTIL A MODERATOR APPROVES IT.
orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

New Season Hops

Post by orlando » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:51 pm

I got some hops from a home brew orientated supplier last year called Bushel Of Hops. I have just received the new seasons First Gold in their new foil vacuum packs. Can't wait to try them. The AA% is a range so I'm going to go for 7%, shouldn't think I would be able to tell if it was 7 or 8 frankly.

I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Hanglow
Under the Table

Re: New Season Hops

Post by Hanglow » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Nice

I see they have some old school ones that they didn't have last year - Nonsuch looks interesting

Bad 'Ed
Piss Artist

Post by Bad 'Ed » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:09 am

Some of the AA ranges are pretty big, how are we supposed to bitter with them? Is it just because they're early in the year? Perhaps they will be tested in time ....?
Never enough time...

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by jaroporter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Bad 'Ed wrote:Some of the AA ranges are pretty big, how are we supposed to bitter with them?
Which ones? Most i saw was 3% range and one at 4. Like orlando, pick a middle figure and you wont be noticeably out either way. Or play safe and chuck extra in :D
dazzled, doused in gin..

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Bad 'Ed wrote:Some of the AA ranges are pretty big, how are we supposed to bitter with them? Is it just because they're early in the year? Perhaps they will be tested in time ....?
The established varieties, IE those that were available last year, will be tested. But there is such a small amount of the, new to the farm and heritage ones at the moment, it doesn't warrant the expense of analysis. She would rather they be brewed with than waste them in a lab. I can't imagine wanting to use a heritage for bittering anyway. :wink:
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

Cam
Steady Drinker

Post by Cam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:10 am

Well after seeing your post @orlando I couldnt resist buying some also. I got 100g of First Gold and 500g of Cascade since it was on sale.

How are you planning on using the First Gold? Single hop beer?

Cheers,
Cameron

Bad 'Ed
Piss Artist

Post by Bad 'Ed » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:27 pm

scuppeteer wrote: there is such a small amount of the, new to the farm and heritage ones at the moment, it doesn't warrant the expense of analysis. She would rather they be brewed with than waste them in a lab. I can't imagine wanting to use a heritage for bittering anyway. :wink:
Good answer. I didn't pick up that they were first year hops.
Never enough time...