HF Hops

A pre-moderated forum where suppliers can advertise their business. Please start a new topic for each entry. YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE UNTIL A MODERATOR APPROVES IT.
HF_Hops

HF Hops

Post by HF_Hops » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:20 am

Hi All,

We've just set-up at HFHops.co.uk . We've sourced the very best quality hops from the US, so that we can provide them to you at unbeatable prices, on demand.

We are currently offering them 10% off all orders using code 'HFHPre'.

Cheers
The HF Hops Team

TheSumOfAllBeers
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: HF Hops

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 pm

When are you expecting your first shipment? I spotted everything is in pre order.

HF_Hops

Post by HF_Hops » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 am

Our first shipment will be landing Wednesday this week!

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Can I buy by the gram?

For example 15g of EKG and 30g of Fuggles?

ATB. aamcle

Hairybiker
Hollow Legs

Post by Hairybiker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm

seems to be only 5Kg units not useful unless you are splitting them

kebabman
Piss Artist

Post by kebabman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Will you be able to source and supply cryo hop pellets?

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm

There are already great suppliers of US hops in the UK. They supply hops from other regions of the world too, including wonderful English hops. What makes you different?

TheSumOfAllBeers

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 am

McMullan wrote:There are already great suppliers of US hops in the UK. They supply hops from other regions of the world too, including wonderful English hops. What makes you different?
Citra in stock.

HF_Hops

Post by HF_Hops » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 am

Currently we only offer in 5kg quantities. We're different, because we are independent. This mans we can apply our own stringent criteria and source the very best hops.

What really makes us different is that we're here to serve small and micro breweries. We will make it possible for them to source hops they couldn't otherwise secure. Often, the large hop brokers dont keep to their contracts with the small brewers to serve their larger clients.

For example, we have Citra 2016 in stock. As we grow our range will increase dramatically. However, for the moment we are focusing on American varieties, since we feel they are particularly overpriced and poorly supplied in the UK.

Stock lands Thursday at Hfhops.co.uk!

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:26 am

TheSumOfAllBeers wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 am
McMullan wrote:There are already great suppliers of US hops in the UK. They supply hops from other regions of the world too, including wonderful English hops. What makes you different?
Citra in stock.
The Malt Miller have Citra in stock, whole hops too. Their hops are available in quantities requied by home brewers. I've used several US varieties from The Malt Miller. Excellent quality and great, reliable service.

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 am

HF_Hops wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 am
Currently we only offer in 5kg quantities. We're different, because we are independent. This mans we can apply our own stringent criteria and source the very best hops.

What really makes us different is that we're here to serve small and micro breweries. We will make it possible for them to source hops they couldn't otherwise secure. Often, the large hop brokers dont keep to their contracts with the small brewers to serve their larger clients.

For example, we have Citra 2016 in stock. As we grow our range will increase dramatically. However, for the moment we are focusing on American varieties, since we feel they are particularly overpriced and poorly supplied in the UK.

Stock lands Thursday at Hfhops.co.uk!
As a home brewer, I've made the mistake of buying 5kg in the past. The main expense is time splitting, repackaging in vacuum packs and storage. It's simply not worth it at my scale.

kebabman
Piss Artist

Post by kebabman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 pm

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:40 pm

kebabman wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 pm
The Malt Miller has LupuLN2 in stock, Cascade, Citra, Ekuanot and Simcoe. I've just ordered some for dry hopping experiments, concentrated lupulin powder vs whole hops. I'm hoping they help dry hopped beers go bright sooner.

HF_Hops

Post by HF_Hops » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 pm

You're right, we currently only offer 5kgs quantities, and you have to be a pretty serious home-brewer to require this much! However, the home-brew market is something we certainly want to be a part of. We don't yet offer cyro, but will talk to our suppliers. Do you think competitively priced 1kg quantities would be of interest to many home-brewers?
Cheers,
Will

keith1664

Post by keith1664 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm

HF_Hops wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 pm
You're right, we currently only offer 5kgs quantities, and you have to be a pretty serious home-brewer to require this much! However, the home-brew market is something we certainly want to be a part of. We don't yet offer cyro, but will talk to our suppliers. Do you think competitively priced 1kg quantities would be of interest to many home-brewers?
Cheers,
Will
They would to me.
In or near Norwich? Interested in meeting up monthly to talk and drink beer? PM me for details.