Any Clubs in Northamptonshire?

A forum for Home Brew clubs to publicise themselves. Please start a new topic for each club and include your region in the thread title. Not intended for advertising meetings, which should go in the 'Events' forum.
chris172
Piss Artist

Any Clubs in Northamptonshire?

Post by chris172 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:02 am

As per topic... Live close to Northampton... any clubs out there? Would like to meet up with fellow brewers.
All the gear with no idea...
Braumeister 20L - NOW SOLD

swatts240

Re: Any Clubs in Northamptonshire?

Post by swatts240 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi, I notice you didn't get a response from this message last October.
I don't know of any groups etc in the area, but I am located at Guilsborough.
I am reasonably new to homebrewing, but have been learning a lot and have brewed a few batches of all grain now on top of the kits prior to that.
I would be glad to swap notes with another local home brewer!
Stuart

nickb007

Post by nickb007 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi guys
I too was looking for others around the northampton area, I am from Daventry and have been brewing for a year now and want to go all grain.
would be good to share ideas with others around the local area

Nick

rgramann

Post by rgramann » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Nick and Chris,

I'm in Northampton and am looking to get back into brewing. Sent you a PM.

Ron Gramann

davereal

Post by davereal » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi chaps. A new offy ,small bar type thing has just opened in Northampton. Beer Guerrilla, on the welly rd.Lots of different beers including kegs and cask ales , does takeouts in growlers too. The guy who owns it is really sound and is up for having a homebrew meet up , once a month if enough interest. 1st one's on thursday 11th this month. Could be a winner. Just passing on the news. There'll be more info on their facebook thing. maybe see you there. cheers

davereal

Post by davereal » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi guys. A new offy/ bar's recently openened in town, Beer Guerrilla on the welly rd. The owner's really sound and is up for having a homebrew meet up once a month if enough interest.1st one's on thursday 11th this month. Best check their facebook for more info. Maybe see you there

dandoodle

Post by dandoodle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:08 am

Hi. I'm from Daventry and recently started brewing. Just done my 4th brew. Did anything come of the Northants 'gathering'? Did we discover a homebrew club?

davereal

Post by davereal » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:30 am

Not yet mate. The 1st one's this thursday 11th august.

davereal

Post by davereal » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Well that went alright. About 7 of us .A few of the guys bought growlers of their beers. A couple of pales and one single malt red x.I took 4 bottles and swapped 2 and shared 2. Mat kindly let us drink our own ales in there. All good, nice to meet some fellow brewers and talk beer. Think there's talk of maybe ,down the line, picking a style and all doing a take on it.. Pretty much what jim's done on here.Cheers jim. Once i've got a date for the next one , i'll post on here. I imagine it'll be in a months time. A couple of experienced brewers and also novices like myself. An enjoyable evening.

davereal

Post by davereal » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Just to add, no need to bring beer unless you want to. I'm pretty sure by the next meet, i shouldn't have many left and haven't brewed for a month, so none ready.cheers, dave

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Missed the meet... was away :(

Keep us posted when the next one is, would really love to come along and chat all things brewing.
All the gear with no idea...
Braumeister 20L - NOW SOLD

davereal

Post by davereal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi chris, Will do. Think the next maybe in late september. Yonny ,the guy who organised it is away till then, i think. Keep an eye on beer guerrilla's face book.Sure two of the guys there were from brixworth also. cheers, dave