Cheshire Brew Crew

A forum for Home Brew clubs to publicise themselves. Please start a new topic for each club and include your region in the thread title. Not intended for advertising meetings, which should go in the 'Events' forum.
DethApostle
Piss Artist

Cheshire Brew Crew

Post by DethApostle » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:23 am

Hi all!

As some of you may already be aware for the last couple of years I have been a part of two homebrew clubs, the Chester Brew Crew and Brewdoo Homebrew Club. Both clubs were based in the Chester/Frodsham area so it made a lot of sense (for my sanity) to merge the two clubs together and so this year... the Cheshire Brew Crew was born!

We meet every last Thursday of the month at Cellar Bar, City Road, Chester at (roughly) 7:30pm
If you've never been to City Bar you are missing out! It's a short stagger from the station and has rotating selection on their 4 cask pulls, the many keg lines and also an even more impressive fridge selection! We have generously been given the use of their downstairs function room/bar to hold our meetings!

Everybody is welcome whether you are a Kit, BiaB, Extract or All Grain brewer - we're not fussy! Or perhaps you are just interested in taking your first steps into home-brewing and are looking for advice on where to start!
Most meetups involve a general bottle swap where we get to try samples of everybody else's latest creations but we also run two annual club competitions and this year have many more special events in the pipeline!

If you are interested in finding out more you can get in contact with us on Twitter: @CheshireBrewCru, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hbc.chester/, our website: http://www.cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk and we have a post on most of the better homebrew forums! You can PM me here too of course!
Plus i'm sure you won't miss our new flyer!

I hope to maybe see a few of you down at one of meetings in the future...
Cheers!
Ben
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020
--------------------------------
Total Brewed: 2560 pints

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Re: Cheshire Brew Crew

Post by DethApostle » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:38 am

February's meeting write up is now on the website!
Looking forward to the March meet on 31st for the judging of our club competition 'Recipe Roulette'!

DA
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 am

Just 4 days to go until the March meet and the official judging of the Recipe Roulette club competition.
Thanks to the generosity of the folks at Malt Miller, iMake (the Grainfather lot), Brew UK (tbc) and our host venue Cellar Bar the prize pot currently stands at c. £100! Suddenly this competition is worth taking seriously!

Good luck to all the entrants!
DA
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:38 am

Our inaugural club competition 'Recipe Roulette' was a great success!

Read all about it here: http://cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk/2016/04/0 ... 6-meeting/

DA
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

AceMcAce
Hollow Legs

Post by AceMcAce » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:14 pm

How did I not know about this club?

Is everyone welcome?
Flying the flag for stupidtity since 1985

https://www.youtube.com/oysterboysbrewingco

AceMcAce
Hollow Legs

Post by AceMcAce » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Errrrrrrrrrrr..... How did I not know about this already! Is everyone welcome?
Flying the flag for stupidtity since 1985

https://www.youtube.com/oysterboysbrewingco

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:42 pm

AceMcAce wrote:Errrrrrrrrrrr..... How did I not know about this already! Is everyone welcome?
No idea, I've been trying to spread the word online since the end of last year! lol
You're certainly welcome to join us though! Next meeting is Thursday 28/07/2016, Cellar Bar around 7:30 - 8pm start. It's a general bottle swap so just bring whatever you have (and don't worry about it if you haven't anything ready!)

Cheers!
DA
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:59 pm

January sees the setting of our 2nd Recipe Roulette competition!

We'll be meeting at Cellar Bar, City Road, Chester on Thursday 29th January. 7:30pm start.

You can read about last years competition here https://cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk/2016/04/ ... 6-meeting/ and if you are interested in coming along and joining in this year please pop me a message!

Cheers!
DA
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Oops... so I don't appear to have posted here about our club since January! *pats on back* well done me... :oops:

So what has happened since January then... Beer. A lot of beer...

In March, we hosted our 2nd Recipe Roulette Competition with 16 entries from members of both the Cheshire Brew Crew and the Liverpool Homebrew club. The champion beer, as judged by our independent panel, was Cheshire Chris's "Grains of Paradise Wit" and part of his prize pot was to have this beer brewed commercially by our friends at Top Rope Brewing and for it to go on tap at Cellar Bar later in the year! Brilliant!

Fast forward 5 months and... that beer has been brewed and it ready and waiting to go on sale just in time for this months meeting!

Also, by way of a warning, this months meet is one week earlier than normal and we'll be meeting at Cellar Bar, Chester on Thursday 24th August at 7:30pm.
Everybody is welcome so if you'd like to join us please just pop me a message or turn up on the night!

Cheers
Ben
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 am

We're back!
Well, to be honest we were never away, I just had no time whatsoever to post online about the club and what we were doing!

Or next meetup is January 31st at Cellar Bar, Chester. 7:30pm start if you want to come down!

It'll be the usual brew tasting session but with the added excitement of drawing our entries for Recipe Roulette 2019!
This is our annual competition where each entrant draws a hop at random, and an other ingredient (think chocolate, chilli, herbs, fruit etc) and brews a beer! They can pick any style they want but the only rule is you must be able to taste both ingredients!
The beers will be judged in April by a crack panel of industry professionals and we have an amazing prize pot coming together this year with contributions from Grainfather, Brewdog and Top Rope Brewing so far... The top prize being a brewday at Top Rope making your beer with them on their commercial kit! Not bad eh?!

If you'd like to come down and see what it's all about, or if you have any questions please pop me a message on here or PM me direct!
Cheers!

Ben
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020

DethApostle
Piss Artist

Post by DethApostle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am

Check out the guest blog post we were asked to write for Malt Miller!
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/blog/home-brew-clubs/
Demon Valley Brewing
2012 - 2020