Any groups in or around the Preston area?

A forum for Home Brew clubs to publicise themselves. Please start a new topic for each club and include your region in the thread title. Not intended for advertising meetings, which should go in the 'Events' forum.
Mr Squiffy
Steady Drinker

Re: Any groups in or around the Preston area?

Post by Mr Squiffy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Yes, I'm interested. I've been to Hoppy Days homebrew forum a couple of times but like you say it is probably too difficult for most to attend without driving. Possible locations in Preston that I would suggest would be Guild Ale House micropub in the centre, another slightly out of the centre would be The Moorbrook on North Road, both have great beer choices. I'll PM you my email address. Cheers :beer:

joelugs

Post by joelugs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 am

I'm up for that . I'm in Leyland . I'm a Newby to all grain brewing and still reading up . So if we can get a group of us together I'm definitely up for it .

joelugs

Post by joelugs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am

Ps I can't send pm messages at the moment :cry:

potem
Sober

Post by potem » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks Squiffy. That's 3 of us in. From tiny acorns mighty oak trees grow........

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Post by Notlaw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 am

We have set up a Facebook group and are trying to get a meet set up soon.

Join us if you are local.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/355315584894950/

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Post by Notlaw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm

We had a successful first meeting in the Guild Ale House in Preston last Sunday evening. Very impressed with the standard of beers that everyone is brewing... some top notch ales on show, well done guys.! Good turnout too for a first meeting, with 13 of us in session.!

If anyone is interested in getting involved who has missed the first one or isn't on Facebook, drop me a line and I'll keep you posted.

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Post by Notlaw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 am

January 14th is our second club meet up after missing December due to Christmas plans.

It's being held at the Market Ale House in Leyland, between 17:00 and 20:00, kindly hosted by owner and brewer Jack Godwin.

Come and join us and we're having a voluntary SMaSH off competition, just for a bit of fun.

Be there, or be a Yorkshire square.!