Hertford Brew Club (HBC)

A forum for Home Brew clubs to publicise themselves. Please start a new topic for each club and include your region in the thread title. Not intended for advertising meetings, which should go in the 'Events' forum.
codek

Hertford Brew Club (HBC)

Post by codek » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi,

I thought i'd post about our brew club - We're based in Hertford, and meet every 2 months.
We've been meeting for nearly 2 years now, and had some impressive success at the competitions!

Any locals more than welcome to join us, you can find details of our meetups here:

https://www.meetup.com/Hertford-Beer-an ... etup-HBAB/

We like to plan ahead, so everyone can get their brews in in advance!

Dan

pduk
Steady Drinker

Re: Hertford Brew Club (HBC)

Post by pduk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:17 pm

An excellent club, I can recommend (speaking as one of the founder members). One of our recent highlights was some "community outreach" (I think that's what its called these days). Our local brewery McMullens gave us a stall in their courtyard at the local food and drink festival and we served a large amount of free beer to visitors and waffled on about mash tuns and everything else to whoever was prepared to listen. If you're local to Hertford do give it a go.

Paul.

tomandrichard
Sober

Post by tomandrichard » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 am

Hi. I'm not all that local, but you may be the closest local group to me.

I'm getting in touch because I'm giving up all grain brewing, and sticking to kits from now on. I have various bits of kit - Burco boiler, mashtun, wort chiller, probably other bits and pieces that can be had (maybe in return for a few bottles?) by anyone who wants to pick up from NE London, South Woodford (where the M11 meets the North Circular). Could you please ask around the club?

Thanks

Tom

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:37 pm

Tom, why are you giving it up? Doubt I could go back to kits now....