Blocked Pump !

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
IPA
Under the Table

Re: Blocked Pump !

Post by IPA » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:11 am

ozroger wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:32 am
We're spoiled with the Braumeister, eh!
Not always ! A week ago I filled,treated and heated the liquor to 60°C and then noticed that I had not fitted the Springer.
That set me back an hour.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:28 am

Seems so. Tbh I more I hear about other AIO designs, I really appreciate the BM more.

charlie
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by charlie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:11 pm

I finally had dry weather and the time to have a look at my pump last night.
I attached a hose to the recirculation arm, blew some water back through the pump and a surprisingly small amount of gunk came out.

I think that it got blocked because, for the last two brews, the silicone end to the hop filter came off allowing gunk to get through.

When I got to it, it took about two minutes and was dead easy.

I spent much more time worrying about it and thinking about a replacement if I broke it.

Now running perfectly and ready for the next crap beer that I brew.
Brewing in the badlands between Arnside and Milnthorpe.
Cumbria

charlie
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by charlie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:16 pm

I think that the AIO design is great.

When I had a plastic boiler with two kettle elements I could never sustain a boil as the elements kept cutting out because of sugar building up on it.

My cool box mash tun wore out and fell to pieces.

Much better and simpler now, timesaving and easier to clean.

It does still cut out occasionally and the reset switch is in a really stupid place, under the boiler.
No accidents yet though.
Brewing in the badlands between Arnside and Milnthorpe.
Cumbria

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:24 pm

I think pump out and over is a compromise, whereas up through the malt tube is simpler & more effective but probably patented by braumeister 🤣

Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Cobnut » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:55 am

I am comfortably over 100 batches on my GF30 and quite content with it.

I've only made a couple of mods:

I've got one (yes, one!) rolled edge plate which I use on the bottom as I have no problem with using the silicone gasket on the top plate. (I bought the plate form a fellow HBer who had concluded the same as me).

False bottom. This does improve filtration and helps prevent pump blockages when using large amounts of pellet hops, but I think it does affect the boil reducing it to a vigorous simmer rather than good rolling boil, but on balance I'm happy with it.

I find no issue with the GF build quality, although the display on the Connect control box does seem to be affected by heat; some of parts of the display kind of disappear, but it's mostly cosmetic.

I'm hopeful that I'll get a few more years out of it, having had it for (I think) 5 1/2 years.
Fermenting: nowt
Conditioning: English IPA/Bretted English IPA
Drinking: Sunshine Marmalade, Festbier, Helles Bock, Smokey lagery beer, Irish Export StoutCascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Dark Mild, Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, Bitter, Citra PA and more!