Steam Extraction

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Steam Extraction

Post by barneey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:49 pm

For my 3V system I have a dedicated steam extraction system.

However when using a BM unit with the lid off, I have noticed that an open door / window + desk style fan is more than enough for steam management.

I not using a jacket on the BM.

Just wondered what others are using?
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

paulg

Re: Steam Extraction

Post by paulg » Thu May 01, 2014 11:58 am

that will be good if it is the same for me,with my biab system I brew in my workshop which is all concrete no windows and even with the door open and a 204 cfm fan extracting, the ceiling and the fan is dripping with water by the end of boil

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Errrrr...... If its not raining why not put your BIAB pot on a table just outside the shed door? Easy cost free and no more condensation problems.

If pockets are deep why not build an extract hood? There are special low voltage fans for use in shower cubicles they don't mind the wet :)

Atb. Aamcle

DeadFall
Under the Table

Post by DeadFall » Thu May 01, 2014 12:51 pm

aamcle wrote:Errrrr...... If its not raining why not put your BIAB pot on a table just outside the shed door? Easy cost free and no more condensation problems.

If pockets are deep why not build an extract hood? There are special low voltage fans for use in shower cubicles they don't mind the wet :)

Atb. Aamcle
What if you live in a flat and have no balcony/garden? ;)
Let's all go home, pull on our gimp suits and enjoy life

Brewing chat on slack - http://thelocal.stamplayapp.com

paulg

Post by paulg » Thu May 01, 2014 3:37 pm

because my pot requires a 20 amp socket and the only one is in the workshop and I dont want to try to lift 50-60 litres of wort in the fermenter (yes I know I could put it in a bucket and transfer to fermenter like that 15 litres at a time).

MashTim
Piss Artist

Post by MashTim » Sun May 25, 2014 1:09 am

paulg wrote: (yes I know I could put it in a bucket and transfer to fermenter like that 15 litres at a time).
I do that in a sealed container and shake it up on the way to the fermenter, it's good exercise :D