10L Braumeister

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Normski
Under the Table

10L Braumeister

Post by Normski » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Lately I’ve been seriously thinking of getting a Braumeister.
I was thinking of getting a 20l.
I like to brew often, and thought the 20l would be good.
I’ve just seen info on a new 10l coming soon.
Looks to be around 1,000 euros. Interesting.
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

paulg

Re: 10L Braumeister

Post by paulg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 pm

norm
this may give your more insite
https://forum.braumeisters.net/viewtopi ... hilit=10+l

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi Pual

Thanks, yeah thats where i had seen it.
How are you getting on with yours, i think you went for the 50l didnt you.

I've had a quote of £900 for the 10L in the UK.
Im still leaning toward the 20L I think.

I like the idea of something small.

Norm

BrewerBen

Post by BrewerBen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Looks like a interesting choice. Handy for those who like to brew small batches frequently, or if you just don't have much room for brewing kit. I see brewuk have it listed already at £1,020. I have the 50L and was tempted by the potential control unit upgrades but the more i think about it the less i think it would be worth the cost and hassel of swapping it over.

paulg

Post by paulg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

hi norm
yes I got the 50 litre one.I originally planned to gat a 20 litre one but was worried it would be too small
Well I have only brewed 50 litres twice and 25 litres many more times.but it does give the option of brewing with upto 13 kilos grain using the large pipe and as little water as possible to complete the mash circulation and then boil for 2 hours to get a strong beer without double mashing or adding DME.

I love the braumeister but I think I probably could have got away with a 20 litre one most of the time.I brew for my 4.5 gallon plastic pin ,I think that is 20.5 litres so the 20 litre one would have been close allowing for a small ullage space.

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi and thanks Paul and Ben

Just as Paul has described his use of his 50l.
And why I'm thinking a 20L would be suitable for me.
My other options could be to build something, Maybe a small rims/herms or Brutus.
I had a look at the GrainFather video and dont think i'll get that.

paulg

Post by paulg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I think it depends on how much space you have to brew,i had a 3 vessel herms system before I bought the braumeister but one of the attractions for me was the small space required for the BM and less cleaning up afterwards.
The supposed difficulties with high gravity beers didnt worry me as most of my beers fall in the 1.035 - 1.055 sg range. if I want to make some thing stronger i can add DME or boil to a reduced brew length

BrewerBen

Post by BrewerBen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:47 pm

The small footprint was also the attraction for me. I don't have a permanent brewing location so have to set up and pack away every time, mostly outside and like paul my brewing habits easy falls below its gravity limitation. Saying that there are ways round it and i will try a double mash at some point just for the sake of trying it. I perhaps didn't need the 50L but the Braumeisters are expensive and i thought if i'm going to buy one i may as well get the big one and then i'm covered for if i want to increase volumes.
I really do like the idea of the 10L though, it makes it more of a kitchen appliance and maybe make brewing at home more accessible by simplifying, albeit still a costly purchase. You could set it up in the kitchen under the extractor fan and put it away in a cupboard after.
I wont be swapping my 50L for one though.

beerlover1983

Post by beerlover1983 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:49 pm

If the 10ltr bm was nearer £700-800 i would buy over a gf as i only brew small and often for quicker turnaround with comsuming it all