Braumeister Offer... quick ends 31/1/15

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
chris172
Piss Artist

Braumeister Offer... quick ends 31/1/15

Post by chris172 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Over on https://forum.braumeisters.net/index.php the guy who runs it is starting up a shop.

He's offering BM's with 5%.... but as it's in Euros, he delivers to UK, so you could have a 20L BM on your doorstep for £1080 at todays exchange rate if you use Transferwise.com. Also I've got a link to a fee free transfer so save another £5 or so. https://transferwise.com/u/e3b38 Think it only fair though to register with the forum though first. You will have to contact him to get bank details too.

http://homebrewshop.be
All the gear with no idea...
Braumeister 20L - NOW SOLD

Wezzel

Re: Braumeister Offer... quick ends 31/1/15

Post by Wezzel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Bargain. Worth noting that there is a new version out with an lcd control panel and rumored wireless monitoring. BrewUK are taking advance orders so these could be last years model.

Still a very good deal though.

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Defo not!!! These are the latest editions... See the images and contact Niels if you are unsure. They are not shipping for a couple of weeks hence the website is saying Pre Order Discount.

Thecrossinn

Post by Thecrossinn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:41 am

Can't find it on the braumeister forum.
Do you have a link for the online shop?

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 pm

it's in OP above... http://homebrewshop.be

Thecrossinn

Post by Thecrossinn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:42 pm

sorry.

Thanks chris

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks so much Chris. I ordered mine today complete with stainless chiller & hop filter.

Got it for a great price and used TransferWise too.

Very happy [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

oakwell

Post by oakwell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm

nice one. so which model did you go for and when is delivery?

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I bought the 20 litre one. It should be dispatched within a day or so. I saved £200 by buying abroad. Even with a stainless steel chiller and a hop filter and delivery it was still £80 less than a basic BM one from the UK. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

oakwell

Post by oakwell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 pm

that's a significant saving. how does the purchase process work when using transferwise?

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:18 pm

In the checkout there is an option for bank transfer... when you select that you get all the bank details. Transferwise is a money transfer site where the exchange rate is really good... 1.33 today ... so you would save even more!! Much cheaper than doing a bank transfer ... over all I've saved about £350 on my order. for example just a 20L BM you could have one delivered for £1063.

here is a code for a free transfer too :) https://transferwise.com/u/e3b38

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Couldn't be simpler.

Go to the shop and place your order. When you go to the Checkout and are ready to pay, check the "Pay by bank transfer" button. An email will be sent to you with your order number and the shop's bank account details.

Then, go to TransferWise and register. Enter the details from your email from the HomeBrewShop and how much you want to pay. Pay with your debit card. Make sure you check the box to make sure the seller gets the minimum amount requested (TransferWise take a few pounds more than required to allow for fluctuations in the exchange rate - they refund you the difference later). Job done!

You will get an email from TransferWise to confirm your transaction and another within about 24 hours to say the money has been sent and how much has been refunded. You will then get another email from Niels at HomeBrewShop to say the money has been received.

Niels at the HomeBrewShop is incredibly helpful and answered my questions by email almost immediately.

I placed my order on Wednesday late afternoon and the shop received my money a day later. It's worth using TransferWise because there is quite a saving by not having your bank do the currency exchange. I alway worry about using financial systems like this but it is recommended by some of the big names and Richard Branson has shares in it - enough said.

Edit: Sorry Chris our posts crossed!

oakwell

Post by oakwell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 pm

thanks guys for your detailed replies, very helpful