My BM has arrived... you can afford one too!!

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:10 pm

My Braumeister arrived yesterday from an EU Home Brew Shop... wow a thing of beauty. Had to wait a while as the new 2015 stock was delayed but hey!... I'm saving over £450 overall on UK prices. I did buy with it the short 10ltr malt pipe, hop strainer, thermo jacket, IC and the domed lid. UK price for that lot is £1731... todays price with the exchange rate is £1237 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up really to say buying in the EU is now so easy with currency transfers and it's well worth taking a look especially with the exchange rate as it is today 1.40eur to the £ ... :shock:
If you want to take advantage of a BM, a Grainfather or even SSTech Cronicals and save a fortune over UK prices then hop over to Niels shop ... https://homebrewshop.be/en/ and take a look and drool. Niels runs Braumeisters.Net forum too and a bloody good bloke he is too.

If you register at Transferwise using this link... https://transferwise.com/u/e3b38 you'll save even more as your first transfer will then be free!!!

This is a blatant ad for Niels... Great bloke, great prices.
All the gear with no idea...
Braumeister 20L - NOW SOLD

crookedeyeboy

Re: My BM has arrived... you can afford one too!!

Post by crookedeyeboy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:36 pm

I am sooooooooo tempted.......

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:11 pm

The exchange rate makes it a no brainer... makes a change to benefit from the EU.. =D>

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Totally agree!

I bought a BM20 complete with stainless chiller and hop filter for £1200 including delivery last month but, as Chris says, the exchange rate is even better today.

Neils is a pleasures to do business with.

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Jeez, what a love-in.

Get real folks, it looks like this guy stocks C13 computer leads for 10.35 euro (over £7) which are rated only to 70C. These don't look like C15 hot-condition kettle leads rated to 120C.

Take care.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Put your claws back in vacant.

The power leads are generally for the Braumeisters he sells to the UK. They plug into the power unit underneath which doesn't get hot. If you have a problem why don't you drop him an email and ask him before casting doubts about his business on a public forum.

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Fair enough, the £1.90 leads from eBay should be fine.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am

vacant wrote:Jeez, what a love-in.

Get real folks, it looks like this guy stocks C13 computer leads for 10.35 euro (over £7) which are rated only to 70C. These don't look like C15 hot-condition kettle leads rated to 120C.

Take care.
or use the supplied hot rated cable, chop the euro plug off an attach a 13a plug.
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Which is exactly what I did!

Stewb

Post by Stewb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Congratulations Chris- hope it brews well for you.

I set up and had a test run through with your old equipment last weekend- Wife and kids permitting I have a first brewday earmarked for Sunday...

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks Stew... I just keep looking at it for now... it's a piece of art!

I'm just at the last couple of pints of the last 2 cornies and the other 3 are empty so i'm going to have to get my finger out!

Hope it goes well for you... watch that video again...and again... http://www.copperkettlehomebrewing.co.u ... c6b83421b2 ... it explains to process really well. Just take your time and enjoy the final product!

niels

Post by niels » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 pm

[quote="vacant"]Jeez, what a love-in.

Get real folks, it looks like this guy stocks [url=https://homebrewshop.be/en/braumeister- ... -20-l.html]C13 computer leads[/url] for 10.35 euro (over £7) which are rated only to 70C. These don't look like [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320# ... 16_coupler]C15 hot-condition kettle leads[/url] rated to 120C.

Take care.[/quote]
I just had to reply, sorry if this is not appropriate. I don't want to start a discussion about this, but I would like to respond to this statement.

The price you quote was set temporary when a customer specifically asked me to source him a UK lead. Since I had to this short notice I went for the easiest option as these are not readily available in Belgium. I charged it at cost, without any margin whatsoever. (Here is the source: https://be.farnell.com/volex/x-439307a/ ... f-00001000 > € 8.55 excl. VAT) If he wanted he could have been served cheaper, but he agreed with my proposal.

After that I found a supplier who sells these cables much cheaper and ordered a few. I dropped the price to € 7.95 and so I have some margin on this product. I never push anyone to buy any product, but I offer them because I got the question a few times from UK customers and for the convenience of the ones who don't want to look around. Of course you can find these cables cheaper if you search the web a bit. Or you can snap off the plug and put a UK plug on it yourself.

Regarding the "suitableness" of the cable: the original Braumeister cable also has a C13 plug and thus is "only" rated up to 70 °C. But since Speidel is making these Braumeisters for years now and I've to read the first "cable disaster report" I'm confident to say that the cables I provide are suitable.

I currently have a power cable of a BM10 and a BM50 laying in front of me and I can't see any indication that the cabling is "hot rated". If someone can give me the info to prove me wrong I will retract my statement and refund everyone that has bought this cable from my shop.

The internet is available to anyone and I expect that customers have done their research before they put in an order of >1000 EUR. If anyone has a question they can contact me and I will answer straight and honest. Currently I run this shop besides my main day job, but one day I hope to make a living out of it. This will not happen if I screw over customers and surely not for a few EUR.

Once again I apologise if this post is against forum rules.

- Niels

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 am

chris172 wrote:.. todays price with the exchange rate is £1237 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You summed it up will with....

:shock:

I shall just sit back and watch your shiny kits with awe...and over a grand still in back pocket as my £100 home made setup still makes me nice beer :lol:
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

keith1664
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by keith1664 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:52 am

Pinto wrote:
chris172 wrote:.. todays price with the exchange rate is £1237 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You summed it up will with....

:shock:

I shall just sit back and watch your shiny kits with awe...and over a grand still in back pocket as my £100 home made setup still makes me nice beer :lol:
Exactly, they may be significantly cheaper than we can buy them from a UK supplier but they're still not within reach of my wallet.
In or near Norwich? Interested in meeting up monthly to talk and drink beer? PM me for details.

chris172
Piss Artist

Post by chris172 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 am

I haven't started this topic to start an argument or 'Mines Better Than Yours' it's to give potential owners the info that there are other suppliers out there and more importantly cheaper and not to be concerned about buying in the EU.

As for the sarky comments It's posted in the Braumeister section of the forum so expect it to cost a lot. I too started with a home made 3v system which served me extremely well and have made some wonderful beers with it, infact mostly better than I've bought. We all drive cars, they all get us from A to B... and some a more luxury than others. Do you take the pi$$ at the guy next to you at the lights in the Merc or BMW ..... Yes it all costs a lot and we all have a choice in what we buy so accept it for what it is and keep your thoughts to yourself.

I am sorry that Niels felt the need to come on here to defend himself in what was simply a smear. As for the cable, it's plugged into a computerised controller so doesn't have to be hot... Just like a PC. Baring in mind his shop is in Belgium so hasn't got access to a Maplins and the like and I think he explained it as it should have been assumed to the OP.... how much would an EU plug/kettle lead cost here?

Why all the animosity all of a sudden on what has been such a friendly forum.