Grainfather brew # 5 - Disaster! Help!

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Kyle_T
Mild King

Re: Grainfather brew # 5 - Disaster! Help!

Post by Kyle_T » Thu May 05, 2016 1:12 pm

9kg of grain for a 1045° are you eating half of it on the day!?
My Ridleys' Brewery Blog:
http://www.theessexbrewer.wordpress.com

LlewBru
Piss Artist
Location: Barrydale, Little Karoo, Western Cape, South Africa

Post by LlewBru » Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Dave,
yes I have seen that with multi-step mash. I agree with what you say & the only reason I did it was that my previous brew (Red Ale) I did with a multi-step & it came out awesome! So, I thought, what the hell lets do it again - I had time on my hands! :wink: Anyway, the brew is still there, I haven't had the bottom to bin it yet! I'll be starting a new one - stout - next week & if this lot has not improved by stout bottling time it's gone!
Thanks for all the comments guy's & enjoy your summer, we are just starting our winter! :cry:
Cheers!!

Newbrew1

Post by Newbrew1 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Always wondered what temp does it go down to there. Always thought it was warm all year like Australia

LlewBru
Piss Artist
Location: Barrydale, Little Karoo, Western Cape, South Africa

Post by LlewBru » Tue May 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Newbrew1 wrote:Always wondered what temp does it go down to there. Always thought it was warm all year like Australia

Not where I am unfortunately! It has snowed in the town on occasion! I don't do cold too well - born in Swaziland & grew up in Durban. Both places are on the warmish side year round (actually to bleeding HOT in summer!) Moved to the Western Cape about 1990 'cos of the crime up north! :cry: I really miss the warm waters of the Mozambique current.... :-|
Cheers!!