Braumeister firmware update

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
nibber
Steady Drinker

Post by nibber » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi,
Trying to update my new 20l Braumeister to latest firmware version for the first time using the Braumeistermobil wifi module following all instructions and wifi module connected to router etc and can log into my Braumeister from my computer via ip
address but cannot load new firmware which is the 1.23b latest firmware dated 18/3/16 starts to load but then-------
Keep getting following error message:
COM7...
COM8...
No supported programmers found!

Anyone had/solved this? :D
Last edited by nibber on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nibber
Steady Drinker

Re: Braumeister firmware update

Post by nibber » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Sorted,
Had not run the CDM application in the updater zip file, the Braumeister has now updated! to latest version :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Jonnyconga
Piss Artist

Post by Jonnyconga » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Glad you sorted it. Any ideas what the new update does?

nibber
Steady Drinker

Post by nibber » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi
Not really, not sure if it allows more recipes (up to 10) to be stored or if this was the original amount 5 pre-programmed and 5 more can be added.
Only used my new 20L Braumeister for the first time yesterday, turned into a bit of a nightmare session as I initially forgot to put the 4 small lifting lugs on the stainless threads on the malt pipe DOH! :oops: and the pump also became blocked somehow- so then had to lift the malt pipe by hand (not easy)clean the pump and start again so I don't know what the beer will be like and then at end of the brew- the tap was continuously getting blocked by the leaf hops I had added during the recipe, so a bit of a baptism by fire but all set for the next time (this weekend)! Hop filter on order, think the Braumeister should come with one with for the amount it costs.

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:39 pm

nibber wrote:Hi
Not really, not sure if it allows more recipes (up to 10) to be stored or if this was the original amount 5 pre-programmed and 5 more can be added.
Only used my new 20L Braumeister for the first time yesterday, turned into a bit of a nightmare session as I initially forgot to put the 4 small lifting lugs on the stainless threads on the malt pipe DOH! :oops: and the pump also became blocked somehow- so then had to lift the malt pipe by hand (not easy)clean the pump and start again so I don't know what the beer will be like and then at end of the brew- the tap was continuously getting blocked by the leaf hops I had added during the recipe, so a bit of a baptism by fire but all set for the next time (this weekend)! Hop filter on order, think the Braumeister should come with one with for the amount it costs.
Not too get of subject but the BAC filter is better than the BM one.
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

Jonnyconga
Piss Artist

Post by Jonnyconga » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I've used the BM filter and it worked fine with lots of leaf hops. Worth a quick whirlpool all the same.
I think my BM only lets me have 3 recipes...?

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:42 pm

I just got mine and it defnitely lets you have more recipes than that now on the 2015 controller, prettty sure it is 10 now.

nibber
Steady Drinker

Post by nibber » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Confirmed, it is now 10 :mrgreen:

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:52 pm

It has always been 10.
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

scoobybrew

Post by scoobybrew » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm

My Braumeister only had 4 recipes as do all the ones at the brewing club I go to. It was a real faff to set up so I thought I would share what needs to be done so others don't waste hours like I did .
1. Connect the wireless unit to the spare port on the back of the Braumeister display.
2. DO NOT turn on the Braumeister (this is where I went wrong) at this stage.
3. Download the latest firmware from the website provided with the wi-if unit, and unzip the 4 files.
4. Run the CDM application as an Adminstrator (right click on it and select 'run as administrator).
5. Run the firmware install application again as an administrator.
6. Connect the USB cable supplied with the unit to a spare port and allow windows to install the drivers.
7. Now select the firmware and connect.
8. After about a minute the software will tell you to disconnect the USB cable and power the Braumeister down for 30 seconds before switching back on.

The Braumeister firmware can be confirmed on the unit by going into the w=settings and now extra options such as "boil' and 'wi-fi' will be present.

Setting up the wi-if is another faff given that to enter the wi-if password using up and down keys only takes an age as does deleting the extra unnecessary length of password the system defaults to.
I have not had the range issues yet that others mention but understand the current beta version (January 2017 dated) says it sorts a lot of such issues out.
The recipe is very German orienated with no UK Malt offerings but it is a massive step in the right direction in my opinion.

nibber
Steady Drinker

Post by nibber » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I have updated my machines to 1.1.24d 120117 version firmware
I still cannot get mine to connect properly even within 1 metre of the router!
I will remove the password from my router and try again-
The only use I can find for this module is to update the firmware on my Braumeister machines-
The Grainfather Connect Bluetooth is a far better designed one that actually works properly every time-I have had no issues with it at all using it on my Grainfather!
Very disappointed with the Braumeister Wi-Fi module :x