Brewcrafter25

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
davew
Piss Artist

Brewcrafter25

Post by davew » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Has anybody seen the brewcrafter25 looks a bit like a posh biab type system. Not to badly priced @ €499

http://www.brewcrafterstore.com/

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Brewcrafter25

Post by aamcle » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Mmm... no pictures or video ::(

Aamcle

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am

Yes there are if you follow the link and scroll down

oktaneza

Post by oktaneza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Looks really good... I must admit this is just up my alley and a step up from a buffalo boiler and nylon bag. Looks alot neater, has a pump, and will do about the same volume as my buffalo with less mess. Im definitely interested. Anyone ever seen/heard or tested this?

Video 1 - The Kit
https://vimeo.com/162180985

Video 2 - A brew
https://vimeo.com/163066959

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:41 pm

If you buy one, are you going to tick the option that let's them hard-code your name into their web page for the "XXX bought one" pop up - David hedburg and Luke T N Mitchell? :)
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

Donald
Steady Drinker

Post by Donald » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 am

Hmm it does make a Braumeister look annoyingly overpriced, even when expecting a premium for being the best on the market.

Anyway, its good competition to see more and more of these stainless eBiab type machines - and I'm sure they all make great beer!

oktaneza

Post by oktaneza » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Its pretty much a basic braumeister for 1/3 the price. Clearly not as many bells and whistles, but you can step mash manually, you have re-circulation and you get a wort chiller as well. So all in all a good package. Pretty much a glorified BIAB

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:31 pm

BIAB with extra cleaning, seriously the BrewEasy, GrainFather and even the BM (upside down) could all be called BIAB variants.

Aamcle

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Less sophisticated than the other offerings imho, it looks more of a challenge to upgrade the limited controller than the bm or gf, and more a collection of off the shelf bits than a new concept, but more than capable of brewing a fine beer im sure.
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

oktaneza

Post by oktaneza » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:59 pm

So I use a buffalo electric kettle, and a nylon bag for my BIAB. The step mashes I have tried have almost always ended in tears, largely because I cannot circulate easily the wort at the bottom of the kettle and I scorch the element. As a result the kettle struggles with a rolling boil which leads to all kinds of other issues. I guess I could change the tap and create a pump to do it but then Im just trying to build a version of the Brewcrafter. I also dont have a good sense of the temp (I have a probe at the top of the wort) but its up to 10C different in parts of the kettle. Im seriously tempted.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:15 pm

oktaneza wrote:So I use a buffalo electric kettle, and a nylon bag for my BIAB. The step mashes I have tried have almost always ended in tears, largely because I cannot circulate easily the wort at the bottom of the kettle and I scorch the element. As a result the kettle struggles with a rolling boil which leads to all kinds of other issues. I guess I could change the tap and create a pump to do it but then Im just trying to build a version of the Brewcrafter. I also dont have a good sense of the temp (I have a probe at the top of the wort) but its up to 10C different in parts of the kettle. Im seriously tempted.
may i suggest you mash in @ circa 71c turn off the power and wrap the whole thing up in an old sleeping bag and pile coats on top for 90 uninterrupted mins, if you drop more than 4c i would be supprised and its way less hassle.

£shops sell cheap closed foam ground mats this time of year ;)

to increase the ferocity of the boil, insulation will help again or you can partially lid or float a small bowl in the boil to reduce the surface area. a hop spider has the same effect and lets me maintain an active boil of 80l in a 100l uninsulated thin skin pot with 1 x 3kw element switched on.
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:39 pm

aamcle wrote:BIAB with extra cleaning, seriously the BrewEasy, GrainFather and even the BM (upside down) could all be called BIAB variants.

Aamcle
I disagree in the case of the Grainfather which involves a Mash and a Sparge. You could I suppose do a full volume Mash but no Grainfather users that I know do it that way.
Best wishes

Dave

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Fil wrote:float a small bowl in the boil to reduce the surface area. a hop spider has the same effect and lets me maintain an active boil
I suffer from limp boils, sounds like I need to see a doctor. What type of bowl do you use? I thought it'd sink? And is the Chinese hop spider really as good at helping with the boil?

Cheers. Tom

oktaneza

Post by oktaneza » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Fil wrote:
oktaneza wrote:So I use a buffalo electric kettle, and a nylon bag for my BIAB. The step mashes I have tried have almost always ended in tears, largely because I cannot circulate easily the wort at the bottom of the kettle and I scorch the element. As a result the kettle struggles with a rolling boil which leads to all kinds of other issues. I guess I could change the tap and create a pump to do it but then Im just trying to build a version of the Brewcrafter. I also dont have a good sense of the temp (I have a probe at the top of the wort) but its up to 10C different in parts of the kettle. Im seriously tempted.
may i suggest you mash in @ circa 71c turn off the power and wrap the whole thing up in an old sleeping bag and pile coats on top for 90 uninterrupted mins, if you drop more than 4c i would be supprised and its way less hassle.

£shops sell cheap closed foam ground mats this time of year ;)

to increase the ferocity of the boil, insulation will help again or you can partially lid or float a small bowl in the boil to reduce the surface area. a hop spider has the same effect and lets me maintain an active boil of 80l in a 100l uninsulated thin skin pot with 1 x 3kw element switched on.
Hi, I think you misunderstood me. Temp dropping is not a problem. I use Thermawrap loft insulation and the temp doesnt drop by more than a degree or 2. The issue I have is when I want to perform step mashes eg 55c, 68c, 75c over 90 mins. Why I find is that when the bag is in the kettle and I turn the boiler on, as there is nominal movement of worth I get scorching on the element. If I heat the wort without the bag / grains in the kettle I get not scorching, so there is something associated with having the bag in the kettle. This then has an impact on the boil.

TheSumOfAllBeers
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Does the scorching happen before your step mash is complete?

You could draw off jugs of wort while you step mash, so that the wort at the bottom is properly recirculated. The bag acts as a very effective thermal barrier.