Double Mash BM

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
john luc
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Double Mash BM

Post by john luc » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:55 pm

I was following up on this yeast as you had my interest tweeked =P~ . On an early thread it was suggested that brett is in there. Were you able to confirm that in any way. [-o<
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:04 pm

john luc wrote:I was following up on this yeast as you had my interest tweeked =P~ . On an early thread it was suggested that brett is in there. Were you able to confirm that in any way. [-o<
I think someone suggested that it might contain "some lovely brett" , they seemed quite excited by the prospect,but it was analysed by Brewlab who found that all colonies appeared the same.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

john luc

Post by john luc » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:12 pm

You have convinced me so to get this yeast and run with it. =D>
Deos miscendarum discipule
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

Rhodesy

Post by Rhodesy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Thats it all done and in the brew fridge. The day itself went relatively smoothly. I collected 20L as planned but 2 points short which in itself was not too bad. I think I have myself to blame as when doing the second mash I don't think I stirred in as well as I could and resulted in some dough balls, in my defence my wife was shouting me back into the house at the time so rushed on my part.

Overall however I am pleased with how it went and quote enjoyed the double mash, it's a nice learning curve. The next style I have planned doing similar is an Eisbock which I hope to brew in the next month or so.