Bulldog brewer user questions.

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Midlife
Piss Artist

Bulldog brewer user questions.

Post by Midlife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello, used my bulldog for the first time, was very impressed. Saved me time, a good couple of hours. Also I was all in one place and no lugging around pots and hot water. I have a couple of questions for bulldog users...

The steel pin i placed in the centre pipe for the mash so grain didn't go down it, do you keep it in for the boil? Also I found the boil a bit too vigorous, so I wondered what KW people use to get a nice rolling boil.

Cheers.

defmeister

Re: Bulldog brewer user questions.

Post by defmeister » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:45 am

Hi,
I've done about a dozen brews in mine. I don't always have the malt pipe in during the boil but if I do I keep the pin in place as occasionally you get spurts of hot wort if you don't. I brew in the kitchen with the back door open to let the steam out. I generally use 1800w for the boil, but occasionally need to up it if there's a breeze coming in the door. I keep meaning to make an insulating jacket for it but never seem to get round to it.....
Cheers
Def.

spanspoon

Post by spanspoon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:22 pm

1800w for me gives a nice rolling boil.
used mine today and my pump has packed up ](*,)

Tomp
Steady Drinker

Post by Tomp » Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 pm

I thought my pump had packed up the other day.

On the advice of the shop I bought it from, I took the impeller plate off the pump (4 screws) and cleaned it all out. Fired it up and it works a treat.

Must have got clogged up.