Ace, Klarstein type all in one System

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
nigebeer

Ace, Klarstein type all in one System

Post by nigebeer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 am

Hi all,

I have been considering purchasing either the Klarstein or Ace type all in one system, mainly due to the lower price, I know they are not in the same league as a Grainfather in level of quality, but like other brewers its the high price that can be restrictive.

Question:- if the heating elements go can they be purchased and fitted by oneself?
Is there anyone on JBK that uses one and if so what do you think?

alexlark
Under the Table

Re: Ace, Klarstein type all in one System

Post by alexlark » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:11 pm

If you haven't seen them yet, I recommend the reviews on YouTube. Was watching them last night and I'm impressed by the Ace.

sheffstevie

Post by sheffstevie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi I bought one with the chiller included for £349 a week ago and have so far done a 5 gallon and a 3 gallon batch which are fermenting nicely as I type - compared to my picnic cooler mash tun and plastic boiler its so liberating and makes a full grain brew quicker and much easier - efficiency is much improved due to the circulation pump and cleaning is a doddle - hopefully it will continue to perform for many a brew

markd80
Sober

Post by markd80 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi there,

How long does it take to brew 5 gallons from start to finish please?
I was looking at a GF but from what i hear it takes about 7hrs start to finish which is far longer than my current BIAB set up
I was wondering how long this one takes
Thanks
Mark

sheffstevie

Post by sheffstevie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:53 pm

took me about 5 and a half hours from stirring in the grain to pitching the yeast - and that was my first go - I followed the tip of using a couple of bits of silicon tube around 2 of the resting bars to make sure the malt pipe stayed secure ( see a very good demo vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob_W310qoUQ
However at the sparge stage one of these fell in and although they are boil resistant I didnt want to risk using the pump in case it got stuck in the inlet so had to use the bottom tap and a 2L jug which was a pain (luckily I had fitted the hop filter) - second brew I used a bit of tape to secure these and because I used a hop bag I was able to pump the cooled wort in to the FV in about 5 minutes - a lot easier!

the wort chiller gets the temp down pretty quick so I would get it included if you are thinking of getting one - only adds about 25 quid to the price if bought at the same time.

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 am

markd80 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi there,

How long does it take to brew 5 gallons from start to finish please?
I was looking at a GF but from what i hear it takes about 7hrs start to finish which is far longer than my current BIAB set up
I was wondering how long this one takes
Thanks
Mark
My GF takes me about 4 and half hours start to finish for a 21 - 23 l batch.

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 am

sheffstevie wrote:and because I used a hop bag I was able to pump the cooled wort in to the FV in about 5 minutes - a lot easier!
I loved that part in the video!

dbambrick996
Piss Artist

Post by dbambrick996 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm

The new robobrew pump system looks like a good option as well , it has a lot of features that the grainfather has. I think the malt miller are agents for keg kingdom

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 pm

I really like the idea of this kind of system now, as I've ended up with a hotchpotch of 3 plastic vessels now, it might have been better saving up for one of these heh, although I'm not sure if they where around when I started brewing.

I was watching this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxqQl6uqUX8 from the same channel sheffstevie linked to.

sheffstevie

Post by sheffstevie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Just been on Ebay and they're currently priced at £1,325 (£1,349 with chiller) - whats going on? what would happen if you accidentally clicked the buy it now button?

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 pm

They're just out of stock. They do that so they can keep the listing up. Doubt anyone would pull the trigger on one at that price though :)

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 pm

sheffstevie wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 pm
Just been on Ebay and they're currently priced at £1,325 (£1,349 with chiller) - whats going on? what would happen if you accidentally clicked the buy it now button?
Not sure, they might refund you. That is the holding price, which they often do because they are out of stock and waiting for a shipment. Give it a few weeks and they will be back.

titan9700

Post by titan9700 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Just to let people know the Hopcat mk2 with a new controller is now on pre order on their website 30l and 50l systems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Epilasek

Post by Epilasek » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi. I have recently purchased a 50L Brew Devil, which is the Klarstein/Ace type system. I was looking for some advice on max grain bill, max liquor volumes etc. I am trying to find out what the max beer volume can be brewed at say 4%? Do brewers using this vessel usuall top up with tap water (treated or not) at the end of the brew? This is one area i have fel quite frustrated with - the lack of instructions on the system or general support.

Is there any software with profiles we can use to scale recipes up/down for this system?.

Thank you

angelHomeBrew
Piss Artist

Post by angelHomeBrew » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:10 am

Hi

Just to let you know there is a really good Facebook group for users of the machine

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1324257024320596

Friendly group with lots of advice specific to this all-in-one microbrewery machine

I am planning to do some updated instructions and instructional videos too when get some time

Regards
Paul