Ace, Klarstein type all in one System

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
BrewDorg

Re: Ace, Klarstein type all in one System

Post by BrewDorg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:29 pm

There's 2 Facebook groups. make sure you join the one mentioned above and NOT the other one. Unless you want to be shot down or blocked for asking questions or saying anything negative about the ACE [-X

NeilF
Sober

Post by NeilF » Fri May 04, 2018 12:05 pm

More than a couple of groups I think on these units. I'm a member of at least two - not seen any abuse being spread about on either. The UK distributor of the ACE has gone bust which is unfortunate.

pathos
Sober

Post by pathos » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm thinking of buying one of these Ace/Klarstein/Hopcat v2/BeerTorrent units. Can any users offer any comments what worked well or not on brewday?

Jonnyconga
Piss Artist

Post by Jonnyconga » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I run BrewKegTap on ebay. We are currently importing some gen3 Robobrew units from the manufacturer. These are very popular in the US and Oz. There are loads of reviews online - have a google. Email or PM if interested - or go to our website which should be sorted in a week or 2. I'll posting news about it on our facebook page.
Cheers, Jonny

pathos
Sober

Post by pathos » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Took the plunge and chose a Beertorrent unit from the very helpful guys over at Leamington store. 45L+ brewlength and a decent pump was the biggest factor for me. First glance seems a lot of kit for the money.

MTW
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by MTW » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Can anyone suggest the best solution to the lack of a hop filter on the Klarstein version of these please? I see the Brew Devil at Angel Homebrew comes with a bazooka looking thing. I just ordered the Klarstein on a £305 Black Friday spesh.

Would a 40cm domed false bottom fit? The dimensions show a 40cm diameter, but I'm not sure if that's internal; possibly not. EDIT Angel Homebrew does a cheap little plug in filter. I will try that first!

Cheers
Busy in the Summer House Brewery