new to wine making

A forum for winemakers to discuss their craft
Steady Drinker

new to wine making

Post by chaz1975 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Ive been Brewing beers and ciders for a good few years now and have decided to try wine , ive read lost of topics on here and have learnt quite a bit of do's and dont's

The kit i have bought is the £30 Cellar 7 Rose kit , no extra sugar needed just add water , thought i'd try something straight forward in my first attempt

Has anybody else tried this kit ? what were your opinions ? and i've tried searching but i cannot find any info anywhere on what alcohol % i should expect once ready ?

thanks in advance

Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: new to wine making

Post by bobsbeer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Not tried that kit, but I would expect around 11%-12%. You may want to check your gravity at 20lt and see where you are. If around 13% then add another liter of water and check again. Stop when you achieve 12%. You will be aiming for an FG of 0.992 so base your calculations on that.

The Home Brew Festival
11-13 May 2018 - Acton Scott - Shropshire
See you there

Re: new to wine making

Post by alexalex » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 am

Hello wine makers!
I'm also new to this wine making thing and have some question :?: s before I ruin my first batch :mrgreen: Thanks in advance to all with any info
A good friend of mine has ensured me that the members of this forum are very helpful to people new to the hobby and to each other. I was fortunate to find some useful recommendations right here . I think starting with a kit and carefully following the kit instructions is a good way to having success making the first batch of wine =P~

Return to “Winemaking”