Raspberry turbo cider

A forum for cider makers
chub1

Raspberry turbo cider

Post by chub1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Just bottled 5 litres of Raspberry cider. Actually brewed 6 litres but managed to knock the FV off the kitchen worktop and lost 1.5 litres or so :shock: .Kitchen smells nice =P~
6 litres of Tesco value apple juice,half bottle Lowicz raspberry syrup,3 tea bags brewed with 8 grms cascade hops and champagne yeast added.5 litres juice started with a litre added after 5 days.
OG was 1.056, tested at 1.004 and stable at 1.002 for over a week(2 tests), batch primed for 2.1 of carbonation. Has taken 18 days in all,
Tasted really quite nice and brilliantly clear as well. Looking foeward to a try once carbed up and kept for a while. :D

Truffle Shuffle

Re: Raspberry turbo cider

Post by Truffle Shuffle » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Let us know how you get on with this, I've just invested in some raspberry syrup too !! Just need a bit of spare time now !

chub1

Re: Raspberry turbo cider

Post by chub1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Truffle Shuffle wrote:Let us know how you get on with this, I've just invested in some raspberry syrup too !! Just need a bit of spare time now !
Hi
I found it ok, my lad and his partner liked it however my daughter and her partner found it too dry and not enough flavour!. if i did another one i would put the whole bottle of syrup in for more flavour and possibly back sweeten a tad with splenda.Having said that i personally like a dryish drink.
I have a mixed berry in my cooler at present which should be more flavoursome as it has Chokeberry, raspberry and blueberry syrups added along with steeped cascade hops at start with a dry hop of bramling x about 5 days before the end .Hopefully it will turn out ok, must say it smelt fine and a taste straight out of the FV whilst bottling was good enough.