Tetley bitter clone.........

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Bopper

Tetley bitter clone.........

Post by Bopper » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Ive been asked to brew a Tetley bitter for a friend....So has anyone got a clone recipe, not just something thats found on the net, approved and tested! I f think there is too many clones recipes out there , which are no where near? Most probley i will end up with a clone for Tetley-Tea LOL :D

Richard :!:

yashicamat
Under the Table

Re: Tetley bitter clone.........

Post by yashicamat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:46 pm

I'd guess, aim for 1040 gravity, 5 or 10% crystal and hop with fuggles or challenger to about 25 ibus. To be honest though, that will not taste quite right so you might have to add something extra to bring it to the same level as Tetleys . . . vinegar perhaps. :lol:
Rob

POTTER BREWERY (mothballed 2020)

Fermenting: nowt (sadly). Drinking: still a few bottles of my imperial stout knocking about . . . it's rather good now

Bopper

Post by Bopper » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am

Never mind!!!!!!! I shall never post on this forum again! Cant even get a sensible answer! You cant bogde brew.......maybe this, maybe that! Why post ??????? everyone knows they use: Northdown ....Nuthin more to say! :arrow: EXIT

PS: I would hate to taste your brew!

DarloDave

Post by DarloDave » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 am

huh :?

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 am

Anger management classes needed? ;)

G.

softlad

Post by softlad » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:25 am

:o :shock:

Looking at the time it was posted he'd probably had one over the eight.

Never mix forums and (excess) alcohol [-X [-X

bramswell

Post by bramswell » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 am

yashicamat wrote:I'd guess, aim for 1040 gravity, 5 or 10% crystal and hop with fuggles or challenger to about 25 ibus. To be honest though, that will not taste quite right so you might have to add something extra to bring it to the same level as Tetleys . . . vinegar perhaps. :lol:
I'd agree with yash, if you want to drink cat pee just get it from the cat, saves wasting money on grain and hops :lol:

arturobandini
Under the Table

Post by arturobandini » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:54 am

Alas poor Bopper, torn apart for his love of Tetley.
Planning - Not for a long while

Fermenting - I'm Done

Bottle Maturing - Hobgoblin, Fullers ESB, American Stout, TOP, Fullers London Porter, Bandini Black IPA

Drinking - Still...Whiskey

yashicamat
Under the Table

Post by yashicamat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Bopper wrote:Never mind!!!!!!! I shall never post on this forum again! Cant even get a sensible answer! You cant bogde brew.......maybe this, maybe that! Why post ??????? everyone knows they use: Northdown ....Nuthin more to say! :arrow: EXIT

[-X I gave you a constructive idea but with a bit of a joke at the end. If you know they use Northdown, then why did you ask? Forums are all about discussions which was why I gave my thoughts. Fuggles and challenger are both good hops for use in low gravity bitters which was why I suggested that. :roll:
Rob

Fermenting: nowt (sadly). Drinking: still a few bottles of my imperial stout knocking about . . . it's rather good now

delboy

Post by delboy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Bopper wrote:Never mind!!!!!!! I shall never post on this forum again! Cant even get a sensible answer! You cant bogde brew.......maybe this, maybe that! Why post ??????? everyone knows they use: Northdown ....Nuthin more to say! :arrow: EXIT

Was that a joke :?

If not don't let the door hit your arse on the way out :lol:

Barley Water
Under the Table

Post by Barley Water » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Wow, we are talking about making beer right? Am I missing something? Seems some folks take stuff (including themselves) way too seriously. In my humble opinion, a few smart ass remarks are what makes life interesting, it's kind of an art form. Actually, I have learned alot on this forum and if I can learn a few smart remarks I can use elsewhere in life, so much the better. :D
Drinking:Saison (in bottles), Belgian Dubbel (in bottles), Oud Bruin (in bottles), Olde Ale (in bottles),
Abbey Triple (in bottles), Munich Helles, Best Bitter (TT Landlord clone), English IPA
Conditioning: Traditional bock bier, CAP
Fermenting: Munich Dunkel
Next up: Bitter (London Pride like), ESB
So many beers to make, so little time (and cold storage space)

Whorst

Post by Whorst » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:25 pm

The recipe wars, starring the ensemble from Jim's Beer Kit. Available now on your local internets! :=P

yashicamat
Under the Table

Post by yashicamat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Chris-x1 wrote:There's a recipe for Tetleys in BBLTYB which doesn't use Northdown, which isn't supprising as it's over 30 years old and recipes change. I wont post it for fear of it raising Mr Bopers blood pressure to dangerous levels.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob

Invalid Stout

Post by Invalid Stout » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 am

Some people say Tetley's only tastes right when served through a tight sparkler and an autovac, which is a device which allows the overflowing pint to flow over the barperson's hand and into a tray from whence it is sucked up back into the pump and into the glass again.

If you don't have an autovac just handle some dirty coins for a few minutes and then dip your fingers in the beer.

Stonechat
Under the Table

Post by Stonechat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:25 am

I'll stamp my foot and scream and scream :shock: Obviously we were given another chance to play properly with regard to the London Pride recipe thread and it looks like we've blown it. :D